Logging two RaceDAC(like) loggers at one time?

Long story short I am looking at building a separate logger from a Teensy3.1 and a Bluetooth transmitter. I would like to know if I could build an RC1 or RC2 sentience, and send it to the phone/app. Can RC read from and log and output to a log file, both loggers?

Comments

• Currently it supported only if the first RC1/RC2 device has a GPS. But this limitation is only in configuration, I can remove it when you have the need.
  • Yep, neither of my devices will have GPS, I have a separate 10hz GPS receiver.
  • edited February 2015
    I am very close to implementing the Bluetooth aspect of this project, but I have some questions:
    1) What kinds of things do I need to do for RC to log the data it gets from the Bluetooth device?
    2) Does it need to have a special device name?
    3) Does the RC2 sentience need to have the proper check-sum for it to get logged?
    3A) or can I call it zero and ignore the step so I can do less computation?
    3B) If it is required, what kind of check sum is it? Can I pass it decimals?
    4) When it gets output for lets say Dashware in CSV form, would it get put into additional columns so that way I would have access to all of the inputs?

I will probably have more questions once I get further down the road, but for now...this is where I am at...
  • 1) Output correct format
    2) No
    3) Yes. Ones with wrong checksum are ignored.
    3B) It's NMEA standard checksum
    4) Yes
  • Awesome! Thanks for the quick response! I will get on this shortly and report back if I have any issues. Thanks again!
  • I got the check-sum up and running tonight. Now all I have to do is sort out the bluetooth setup, and I will be logging in no time....he says boldly...hahahaha....Thanks for the help so far aol!

Once I get this working I will do a proper build/description thread...
  • edited March 2015
    So by some minor miracle...my bluetooth board came tonight, and in about an hour I got it up and running, and sending data to RC, and RC logged it, and everyone was happy. I am totally shocked and thrilled that it went so smoothly. Once I boosted up the baud rate of the BT board, I was able to log at 50Hz with no issues. So I guess now is the time where I ask if you can remove the restriction of two RaceDAC devices at one time?.....You can take your time. I still have to package everything up and mount it in the bike. I plan to be done by April 4th, for my first track day. Do you think that is possible?
  • I looked at the code, I can remove the restriction but possibly only one of the devices could be viewed in the graphs etc. Bigger changes than anticipated to make it work 100%.
  • edited March 2015
    viewing is not a big deal as long as they both get output into the csv, so that way they can go into the overlay...Also, is there a way to choose which one to view? What about choosing which one to view the real time output in the gauges function?....
  • Ok, maybe I should just disable restriction and make sure it is recorded properly. I think the picking in live view would work, but it would not remember the choice, so next time you would need to pick again.
  • That would be fine. 95% of the time at the track I just use the lap timer function, so I can glance down and see if I did a better or worse lap. All the data is for afterwards, and making videos.
  • OK. I'll try to have this on first v4.1 beta. Probably it's not done for April 4th, as there's many more things to fix and to get ready for that.
  • No biggie. I have 11 more track days scheduled after that one.
  • Bump....Any word on lifting this restriction? Thanks as always for the hard work!
  • v4.1 is in alpha testing now, but to be honest I haven't tested two RaceDACs yet... problems is I have only one :) But you should be able to configure two. No idea if it actually works when recording though.
  • Can you add my account to the alpha test? I have two that I can test and then send you the session to see if it works the way you expect? I can also test the exporting and see how that works as well. I can send you an email with my account info, or can you look it up based on my S/N here?.....I am happy to help in anyway I can.
  • I sent invite to your gmail address. I don't usually add users to alpha testers, only translators and friends and such. But I'll make exception as it will clearly benefit the product to have you there :) Just be reminded that the alpha version is often buggy, considerably more than the beta versions. So if you're out for track day, it makes sense to opt-out from being a tester.
  • Dah!!!! I loused this up....I accepted the invitation with the wrong account. I didn't realize that I was signed in with my other account. Can you delete me from the alpha group and resend it to me?...Sorry for being a pain...
  • Can you email me the gmail/Google+ account which you want to be added? To tracks(at)racechrono.com for example.
  • I got the 4.1 alpha version up and running on a tablet. An update for anyone else interested. I successfully collected data with the RaceDAC and my TeensyDAC. I sent the data to aol for developing the machinery to view and export it correctly.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP!
  • Just an update.....I FINALLY! finished building my second data logger this weekend....I had both the RaceDAC and my TeensyDAC logging simultaneously and I was able to confirm that both were logged prperly, and the data was exported correctly!

THANK YOU AOL!

Now I just need to confirm that it also works with my old droid x....the same way it does with my GS3. The Droid was dead...and on the charger so that will need to be another day....
  • Great to hear... I was already wondering if you ever got it working :)