video export problems

Antti,

I run Racechrono Pro V4.1.5 on a Galaxy note 10.1 with Android 4.1.2 and an external 64 Gb SD card (empty). I have synchronize race sessions with gopro videos. To that point, everything worked fine. The problem comes when I try to Export the Video with the insertions. I use the french version so I will try to translate the options I select and the error messages as much as I can.
When I select a session, I can see all the data associated with it. On the right top corner of the screen I press the "export" option. It then prompts me with "Application". I select "video with Insert (MP4)". I also only select a sigle lap to make sure the file is as small as possible. I even selected low quality for the same reasons. When that's done I press "Add to file list"

I get a new screen with the file name to be exported. On top of the file name, it says "waiting". At the bottom of the screen, I select external storage (59,5Gb remainnig). As soon as I press "start", the "waiting" message turn immediately to "failure". End of the story ...

Is there anything I do wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Video export outputs a log file [1] that can be found in /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/logs/video_export_log.txt (on internal storage). Please send that file to tracks(at)racechrono.com and I'll sort it out. It may be possible I need the session files and video files too.

[1] Only when hardware acceleration is not used. Hardware acceleration is only available on Android 4.4 and above, so devices with older OS always have this log file.
  • BTW, does it start exporting when you select the internal storage? It maybe there's some problem in initialising the memory card. It will be visible from the logs too.
  • I've tested exact same scenario and did not reproduce the problem. Re-tested also some GoPro videos with the software video export without problems. Let's hope those log files will tell what is the problem :)
  • OK, got the log file from Fairlady, and the problem is .WMV file linked to the session. WMV works on some phones media player and can be linked to RaceChrono sessions, but the software video export does not support it. RaceChrono should of course let users know that MP4 file sources can be exported with the software export.
  • edited October 2016
    Hello,

I'm having same issue, but my video is native .mp4 I pulled the video manually and saw the properties (mp4) .

Am I missing something ?

raceChrono 4.7.1 with all the pro upgrades purchased.

details:

LG3 phone , running android 6.0 (kernel version 3.4.0 )
    I am able to pull the analysis squares when watching on phone, and can manually pull the videos through andrid/dcim/videos/racechrono

but every time i try to export overlaid video session it fails. ( I am able to export .csv )

• What is the exact failure you get when exporting the video?

1) If you get "No data to export". Problem is you don't have video linked to your session within the scope of export. So if you try to export lap 1, you must check the video list that you have video file linked to lap 1.

2) If you get "Failed: Video/audio codec" or just "Failed", the is a problem with the hardware exporting. Can you send me a log file?

On the RaceChrono (not Pro) app the video export outputs a log file that can be found in /Android/data/com.racechrono.app/files/logs/video_export_log.txt (on internal storage). Please send that file to tracks(at)racechrono.com and I'll sort it out. It may be possible I need the session files and video files too.

As intermediate solution you can disable the hardware exporting, and use software export by disabling "Use hardware acceleration" checkbox on the export screen. Even if this works, can you send me log for the failure, as it might help me fix the issue.
  • I just experience the same "Fail no data problem". I tried 3 difference device and moving the video files into different folder, but no luck. The odd thing is that the app is able to show the overlaid video in the video tap, but fail to show the video at Route tap. I have all the screen capture and log file, please contact me.
  • edited November 2016
    Weird, can you share me the session (tap the share button on top of the session overview screen) and send it to tracks(at)racechrono.com and I will take a look