Don't work after one session with external bt

Hi, i have this problem.
I have a Holux m-1000, setted to 5hz with minigps, and racechrono installed on samsung i8150 (custom rom).
I have used this configuration (also with another gps bt to 1hz), but it work correctly only the first session.
The subsequent sessions, with gps associated (and fixed), racechrono don't work.
I have made some test, but always works only in the first session, after not. i had to use the internal gps (that is not very accurate).

Have you any idea?

thanks

Comments

• Can you give detailed symptoms how RaceChrono doesn't work?

Also, when you say it only works for first session, what do you mean? First session after what? Adjusting settings with mini GPS?
  • hi,
    in the first session works correctly, and gets all lap times, after the first session i stop the session and racecrono, and switch off the gps.
    When start the second session, i turn on the gps about 10/15 minutes before, i turn on racechrono and i start new session. Racechrono views the gps and fixed satellites, but when i go on track it doesn't mark the lap times, sometime starts but not sees the endline and continua with only one laps, sometime marks the first lap, ma after this nothing...

Between 2 sessions i haven't changed nothing with miniGps.

After first session it works always bad, if i set the internal gps works correctly.

I tested 2 different gps bluettoth.

thank and sorry for my english :-)
  • Ok. Can you press the share button for the session and send the resulting .rcz file to me to tracks(at)racechrono.com. Send me one that worked (first session), and one that did not work (second session). I'm suspecting there to be something wrong with the track, maybe different track, that does not work, is detected for the second session.
  • Ok, this evening I'll send, i don't have the smartphone with me at the moment.
    there was the same problem in three different occasions, two times in Franciacorta and 1 in Imola.
  • Ok, that's odd. But let's see the sessions before trying to figure out anything more.
  • Hi, i have sent you the files

thanks
  • edited June 2015
    Seems like there is some kind of problem with the Bluetooth connection on your phone. Maybe related to the custom ROM. Either it is constantly disconnecting on the second run, or there is some kind of flow control issue that makes it sporadically pause receiving data from the GPS. It could be time to get a new phone...
  • Do you confirm that the track is correct?
    I have another smartphone with an original rom (android 4.2) , but sunday i hadn't downloaded the correct track for test it.

The next time (agoust) i will test the other smartphone, thanks...for now :-)
  • Seems to be no problem with the track. The data is jumping around like crazy, but when there is data it looks good. These symptoms almost certainly mean there is breaks/pauses in the data caused by some kind of Bluetooth problem.
  • Hi,
    in august i tested new phone...Same problem.

I downloaded the correct track (mugello), set the receiver to 5hz, and expect 20 minutes to fix the satelites.

It start correct, but it doesn't get the finish line.

The last indication is that the receiver is on the rear seat of the bike, and the phone is on the steering.

it could be that my body not permit to the bluettoh the correct transmission?

my English is worse on holiday :-)
  • It could be there's some interference from the bike, or more likely the GPS is broken. I've heard many stories of GPS just starting to fail after being attached to a racing bike for too long (vibrations).
  • Hi, i've made a new test.
    Hardware: huawei y300 with original rom, gps Holux M-1000 setted to 5hz with Minigps.
    I have tested this configuration in car, for about 30 minutes some times, and it worked correctly.

Saturday 17 october i tested this configuration in Misano.
    It's worked for 3 laps, after 3 laps it is block the chrono again.

The phone and the GPS were side by side, away from the ignition key (with transponder, to avoid interference).

How is possible that it work only with the internal gps? i tested 2 different smartphones with 2 different external gps and i have the same problem.

The internal GPS work correctly (though with too much waste).
  • edited October 2015
    To be honest, I don't understand how this issue could happen on multiple sets of devices. As I cannot reproduce it, and there's no other reports about this, I must assume it still has to do with your system somehow...

Do you use any other bluetooth devices in your car? Maybe your phone is connecting to the car's hands free system and the bluetooth connection starts failing because of that? Or some other bluetooth or radio interference?

The internal GPS will work ofcourse, but probably the recorded trajectories and lap times are not very accurate.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi,
    The car test is ok, recorded for about 30 minutes, but is in a lap opened (from home to work ) and records a single lap.
    It does not work correctly on my motorcycle when I go to the circuit (Misano, imola, etc.etc.).
    I analyzed the 3 laps registered Saturday, and as times are accurate (compared with the circuit transponder) as well as trajectories, but after three laps it lost the signal and has not recorded anything.

For all my configurations, always the same problem, there is some particular configuration for bluetooth gps?Energy saver?

I can buy another gps bluetooth, but if will have the same problem..

thanks
  • I have read that from version v2.04 there is a workaround to keep the Bluetooth connection alive for galaxy s2....

Is it possible that my phones (huawei y300 or galaxy w) have the same problem?
  • Bluetooth workaround does not fix this kind of problem sorry