Galaxy S3 Problems

I've had some problems with 2 sessions on my S3.
1st session wouldn't connect to GPS but a restart fixed this.
2nd session worked fine until I went to review the data afterwards and it wiped all the session data. All files in the session folder are 0kb in size. One slightly odd thing I did was end the session and immediately switch the phone off as the battery was low.
Tim

Comments

• edited July 2015
    1) Possibly the Bluetooth stack was in invalid state on the phone. Switching Bluetooth off + on might help in this situation as well.

2) Sounds like some of the write buffers in the operating system were not flushed before the phone powered off. How long was the session you lost?

PS. RaceChrono writes 1000 plots at a time, so you can lose up to 17 minutes on 1 Hz GPS and 2 minutes on 10 Hz GPS, if the phone powers off while recording. But it does flush the buffers immediately when you end the session...
  • Sounds like maybe it was going into a battery save mode? My main device for running RC has been an S3 over the last couple of years & I've never seen that behavior. I also make sure the phone is plugged in to power while running it for this purpose.
  • Thanks for the feedback. It was a 10 minute session. The battery made it to the end and i switched off manually but it was complaining about being low. Before I switched off I could see the data but didnt review it. On logging into the app later the session screen still gave the time and distance but going into the session it was blank. It now says 0s and 0mi. The video survived ok.
  • To be safe, I'll run a few tests on my S3 to see if I can reproduce this. If not then we'll put it to intermittent OS issue... :)