Bug with reference laps

So I finally found out how to add a reference lap from a previous session. Great and it works as expected. But there is a problem and I don't know if it is a bug.
If and when (as I did) made a quicker lap than the reference lap, it still compared to the reference lap and not the new quicker lap. Which confused me a lot during the session.
So I made 0:59,7 on a track as reference. Just under a minute
A few laps later I got 0:59,3 which was a -0,4 improvement. Yay
So when I drive next lap, Racechrono says GREEN -0,2 near finish line, the end result is 0:59,5. Not 0:59,1 which was expected.

I use reference laps just to get a good indicator right from the start, but when I set a quicker lap, id' like THAT lap to be the new reference lap. Is it doable?

Cheers

Comments

• It's not bug. When reference lap (or any other individual lap) is selected for comparison, it not changed when you drive a faster lap. You can also compare to the best lap, but the reference lap is never picked even if it's faster than your session best.

I think there probably should be "compare to best or best reference" or something... I'll put this on list of things to figure out.
  • "So I finally found out how to add a reference lap from a previous session."

Do tell? I'd love to know how. It would be nice to start the track day this weekend with my current best time as reference.
  • Aha, I think I found it.
    1) Start new session & select a track.
    2) Go to Analysis screen (from line graph icon in upper right corner).
    3) Hit the ... menu button at the lower right corner of the Summary line.
    4) Select Add Reference Lap menu item.
    5) Pick session from the presented choices.
    6) Pick the lap (fastest is bolded).
    7) Profit!

Perhaps there could be an easier way to get to this? I didn't even know to go looking for the feature until I saw the above posting. Full documentation would be really helpful (yes, I know, it's probably the hardest part of writing the software--I hate doing it, too).
  • I think I'll write it during the offseason ;)