Problem with video overlay

Hi,

I recorded part of my session using Prestigo RoadRunner 710x sport camera. I put video file where RC expects to find it, done video synchronization...

When I play it back again video started to desync from GPS data. It looks like video runs slower than RC is replaying.
I thought that this can be caused by my Galaxy S2 that cannot keep playing 60fps video and animate rest. So I tried to export synced video with overlay.

Unfortunately after a couple of hours of processing RC shows 921MB/55MB - 176% complete and I only thing I can do is to cancel export.

Anyone had similar problems?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    It's probably because of the raw video produced by your action camera. Sounds like the presentation time (PTS) is running slow in the video, or audio/video desync. If you place the raw video file somewhere with the session, dropbox or google drive or similar, I can take a look. I think there's not much I can do, but I can always take a look at it.

PS. The export might still go through OK even though the 176%. It is just showing wrong because some specific problem with the raw video. The gauges might end up unsyced like in the playback.

PPS. Try some other video modes from the camera, maybe it is producing valid video on some other settings.
  • Hi,

Thanks for information and sorry for a late reply. I tried to put my video online but it turned out that there was some IO errors on SD card. So first I reformatted my card, tested for badblocks and recorded new videos.

Now it looks like video is properly synced with GPS data but I am still unable to export video overlay. RC is building mp4 file and shows for example 232MB/550MB (45%), but when it reaches some point then first value stops changing and second value starts to decrease. So In the end I see 543MB/22MB (250%) and nothing happens. I tried to copy existing video file from cache but it looks like it is invalid and I cannot play it.

Sample video is here:
    http://zork.pl/private/czerwony.mov

If you need session data for testing please let me know how should I send or export it from RC.

Thanks for your time and help,

• Press the share button on top of the session overview screen to share the session itself.
  • Forgot to add: czerwony.mov starts at 609,4s of session timeline if that does matter.
  • Hi. Any news for this issue?
  • On my TO-DO queue, waiting for good time slot to dive in to video exporting.
  • Hi. Any news for this issue?
  • The video/audio de-sync is caused by your phone, RaceChrono uses standard media player to play back. I recommend either upgrading the phone or setting lower video resolution and/or fps rate on the camera.

I've tested the session on a Nexus 5 phone and upcoming RaceChrono v4.3.3 alpha; it plays back fine in analysis (obviously due to much faster hardware), but also it does export fine on both hardware and software codecs. I've updated the software codec to FFmpeg 2.7.2 so the new version might fix the export for you.
  • Ok, many thanks for your time spent on analisys! It could be worth to upgrade http://www.racechrono.com/vanilla/discussion/654/which-phone-gps-receiver-should-i-buy-report-your-experiences-here to with this information. I will test new version soon and post my results here.