Camera Start/Stop Gates

Unless I'm missing something, video recording needs to be manually started/stopped independently from the lap. I plan to use RaceChrono for autocross, it would be great if I could define gates that would automatically start and stop the camera when I pass through them. Seems like an easy addition.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    I have this on my TO-DO, but not very high. Probably what will happen first is automatic video start/stop when car comes to / leaves from the pits (speed thresholds).
  • Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, in AX by the time I hit a speed threshold I'm already well into the run. I would think this would be a benefit to other disciplines as well....TT, Hill-climb, Drag racing, etc. Anything that uses a standing-start or single-lap format.
  • I agree with the need for auto video start at the start/stop trap. When I have gear on and am strapped in, I can't reach my device to start/stop the session. I tend to use another app rather that this one, for this reason only! Please consider raising the priority on this enhancement.
  • Thanks for the feedback! I have received couple more request for this, but I'm still figuring out a simple way it would work for most users.
  • auto start & stop video will be really good........ probably starts once above speed Zero.