RaceChrono Wish List

Comments

• Someone mentioned the www.mapmytracks.com service earlier and I thought that wouldn't it be a good idea to add support for Mapmytracks service to provide this kind of functionality in RC requested by many RC users with a minimum amount of work? The api is pretty simple, all you need to do is send out some http POST messages to server to join or create a session and to update GPS position.
  • just back from "gruene holle".
    could be possible (if not yet posted by someone) add to wish list this:
    - the possibility to create a NEW SESSION (in a track in database) and put the ideal, or best or desired lap taken from a previous session (on the same track) or from another racechrono-user (using export function).
    Thsi will permit to start driving struggling with your previous best time or struggling with the best time of your friends.

Then could be interesting to create a Section in Your website with our best times divided by track and declaring date and car used.

bye
  • How big of a deal is widcomm support in WM? If you can't do it natively, can you add BTC1-4 to the comm ports list for serial GPS & OBD? My new HTC Touch Pro 2 only has widcomm for bluetooth, and only exposes COM2 for serial use via bluetooth (no com5-8 etc) so I can only use either the OBD or GPS not both at the same time.
  • edited October 2009
    Is has Widcomm? Shit ... :) I probably would need to start supporting it then. Previously only some old phones had Widcomm. Problem is I don't have such new phone for testing and it is quite expensive to get one.
  • I'm going to keep my TyTN II to use for RaceChrono for now, but Widcomm would be nice. I can help test alphas/betas as needed.
  • Thanks, I'll contact you when I have something to test.
  • rickerbr: I'm writing the Widcomm support as we speak, seems promising on the Widcomm WM 2003 device I have. It's a bit different for WM 6.5 so I need your help with that. I'll contact you via email when I have this ready.
  • Awesome! I just used my old TyTN II this weekend for logging. I've got a new track to send to you as well once I get all my data consolidated.

One thing I noticed with the serial port emulation of the BT-Q818 was that the updates were not a steady 5Hz, they varied from 2.5-5 Hz, somewhat laggy I guess. Will be interesting to see how your new code plays with the stack.
  • edited October 2009
    Hm, it should be steady 5 Hz, maybe some problems with the connection. Can you try to change the port to higher baud rate?

About the WIDCOMM support, I have it now programmed, but it works only 5 seconds and then it stops. I have no idea what's wrong :( I really hope I get it sorted. I'll take another look after I get this v1.35 beta for Symbian out.
  • I tried the port at both 115200 and default and saw the same results (rate jumped around both ways).

Cool, just let me know when you've got something you want me to test and I'll give it a go.
  • Session autopause/autoresume; option to input "speed limit"; for example if speed is below 40kmh session would be autopaused, and vice versa.
  • Antti,

Could you think of a way to deal with this? I show you the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGcauee9VsI

I data logged the run, but we had no timing whatsoever. We are going again later next month. We would like to get some data. Do you think. We should get:

Split on all the stops? Multiple start and finish function???
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Takahashi, nice to see you back! You can add multiple start and finish lines to RaceChrono, but problem is that they would be treated individual laps. This would result quite useless data. What you'd need would be some kind of Pause / Continue splits. Not sure if I can produce them for next month :)
  • edited October 2009
    Hi, it is possible to ADD a Graph for the lap times? Like that...

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3832/lapgraph.jpg

Or better, with more precision representing the splits of each lap inside the graph to see if you race in a good rythm. And option to compare 2 or more different session, the goal of this is to compare two diferents pilots.

This weekend I miss another feature, but I don't remember it now ... :|
  • Good idea, thanks!
  • I remember now... it is not a feature, just a 'bug'. Some times lose GPS signal and for the G-Force Graph, appears values like +/-80G. So the global scale of that graph adjust automacally to 80G, will be better if you can put a value, or just put 5G maxium. This problem appears too when are watching the 'optimal lap' in every splits junction.
  • Heh, sounds like a bug to me :) Can you send me the session with 80G acceleration. Nmea file preferably.
  • I don't save nmea data to save space on SD, but I will see if it has in an older session
  • It's just fine if you send me the two .bin files instead!
  • edited October 2009
    http://rapidshare.com/files/298260459/40G.rar.html

Here I found one with 40G of lateral force at the beggining, I found another in the middle of a session with 7,5G with a lot more GPS signal quality

Another question... it is not possible that racechrono compress the NMEA data? I compress with winrar 3,5mb in 330kb
  • Sure it's possible, but I haven't done it as 2 GB card is very cheap and stores huge amount of uncompressed NMEA :)
  • Can you send me that file to tracks(at)racechrono.com? Rapidshit says "this file can be only downloaded by becoming premium user"...
  • it is in your mail
  • Antti,

Got it. Thanks.
  • planing to make WIN CE 5 version?? I have HU in my car based on WIN CE with GPS receiver as well..

thanx

regards from Croatia
  • 13snc: Unfortunately there will not be CE 5 version in near future. This is a business decision. We have some plans to make a pilot commercial hardware product using a windows CE platform. Having a free CE version would affect sales most probably.
  • Hope RC team able to fix the issue of Winmo Version not able to record in background while other navigation software on..In my case, running Garmin MXT failed to activate Race chrono simultaneously
  • Greetings.

Really missing "back-to-start" functionality. It should work like "Resume session", but shouldn't write anything on the card. Sorry if this was already submitted as "Reverse tracks"...

Best regards.
  • _hunter: Can you explain in detail in what kind of situation you would use this?
  • edited November 2009
    It's something meant for walking tours in unknown lands – You just wandering aimlessly some time (recording your track). And then, when you wish to return home – just entering “Back to start” mode and walking back, seeing travelled route. Why this is useful (and why just not go straight to the “Start point” using Nokia’s “Navigation” (from “GPS data”) or something similar)? – Because in real life shortest path – not always straight line… There can be bridges on the rivers, swamps, etc…