RaceChrono Wish List

1234568»

Comments

• I did a search for gyro corrections, and saw it in the original want list in the beginning.

Is that there?

If not, we've found some reasonable calculations that will smooth the gyro inputs (for those who have that) which will provide for a sensor angle (vehicle angle) so that one can use that to correct the acceleration data.

And since many of you are bikers, 3 axis accelerometers corrected for bike angle would be pretty important, right? For car- since lean angle is a lot less, you could use they gyro data to get both a degree of camber (corrected Z acceleration) and turning (corrected X acceleration).

aol- what would be best- post processing or "pre" processing? it appears that the gyro smoothing math is pretty well known.

Thanks.
  • edited October 2010
    1) I want to second akiskev's request for interpolated export data. Currently I have a 1Hz GPS and about 7Hz via OBD. Upon export I only get 1Hz and lose all the excess OBD data, which is a shame.

If the same interpolation that is done for the graph drawing could be applied for export, that'd be really neat!

2) Remember last export settings. Please?
  • I have another request for "Overall time gained" comparison graph showing jumps in overall time per position on track.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't believe it's taken me this long to find your software! I've been doing time trial events for 4 years now and have been using MaxQData for all of my lap timing needs. However, as of late I've been wanting more. I think RaceChrono might be the solution.

Anyway, the one thing I would like to add to the wish list, which has already been suggested, is to have SPEED (MPH) on the "simple mode" lap time view. While out on track, I really don't have time to be watching anything other than lap/sector times and speed. The simple mode is perfect for glancing down at my dash, but I "wish" it had speed as well.

For those who are interested, I am running a 7" monitor mounted on the steering column of my dedicated track car (poor man's digi-dash). I run PPE's DashCommand to log engine parameters through Zeitronix's ZT-2 wideband/data logger.

It looks like this (image shows MaxQdata in the middle): http://gallery.visualrealms.com/data/media/154/Screenz-rev4a-w-legend6.jpg

And this is the actual unit in use (minus MaxQData): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn8fdzTKxDg

If all goes well with my bench testing of RaceChrono, it will sit right in the middle of my digi dash where MaxQData used to sit.

I look forward to your future releases and hope to be able to provide valuable feedback next season.
  • edited November 2010
    First off, thanks for the great software!

I don't know if it was mentioned, but perhaps the ability to send a text message with lap times automatically at the completion of a lap. Since I will be running a different group than my buddy riders, having it send my lap times to my buddies would be neat. Although, sending a message every lap might be excessive, maybe one every 5 detailing the previous 5 laps.

Another though, when viewing the session laps geospatially maybe color the segments based on time for the segment. I'm just thinking that that way you could visually see what line was the most effective for a section. Then again, maybe it already does this and I didn't notice, I have not hit the track yet I just use the software to track my time to work :) .

Really its hard to say this software needs more, its great as is.
  • I would like to have a 400meters performance test.
    This value is currently use in motocycle comparaison.
    Otherwise RaceChrono is perfect!!
    Thanks.
  • You can create your own performance tests. From the main menu, select "Performance Tests" then select "Create New".
  • A function to maximize the application (remove start menu) on windows mobile devices would be great for live timing. (SHFullScreen api). Especially good for landscape mode.

Thanks for producing good software.
  • i wish a new fresh wish list for RC 2.0 and a little teaser about what´s in your head about this release.
  • don't know if this request has already been mentionned or not but being able to import files from any PC location not only "My Documents"
  • Since the visibility of most smartphones and pocket pcs is very low in sunny days, it cuold be very useful to have a text to speech function that reads the laptimes, so there's no need to look at the device...
  • Will you consider making a WebApp that will be able to create new tracks? Right now, i have to be on track to create start/finish and split points. It would be nice if i could do that before going to the track, e.g. with help of google maps. That way i’ll be able to prepare track file and send it to my friends via e-mail, without the trouble of BT sharing on the track.
    It’ll be nice if you share the way that track files are made (as long as it’s not a big secret) – I could help with developing webapp for above-mentioned issue.
  • Also would be nice to see mainfold pressure in bar units.
  • I have t agree with Matt. The ability to preconfigure track maps from Google Earth would be really helpful.
  • Is there any chance of maths channels? So we can derive gear number from RPM/Speed, for example?
  • i would also like to see generated channels, eg.
    - gear number
    - front wheel ground speed ( sensor /tire circumference )
    - rear wheel ground speed
    - slip ( front wheel speed vs. rear wheel speed )
    - front wheel speed vs. GPS speed ( wheely detection ? )
  • Support for Windows Phone 7 to leverage the built-in accelerometer & GPS
  • overlay the roadside and curbs to a track profile
  • edited July 2011
    Hi

Is it any possible to use with Race Chrono Bluetooth heart rate monitoring belt,It would be very interesting to monitor the heart rate during the race.

Belt is something like this :
    http://www.heartratemonitor-app.co.uk/polar_bluetooth_heart_rate_monitor.html

Best regards .