setting up Hero 4

I've been using pro for over a year, on a samsung galaxy tablet, never a problem. I now want to video as well. How do I set the whole thing up with gopro hero 4. I'm an old guy not very versed in this kind of thing. Racing at Pembrey, Wales

Comments

• It's a bit tricky so I've made this small tutorial: http://www.racechrono.com/news/?p=504
  • I followed the instructions in the link posted by aol above. The issue I have is that I do not see an option to enter the password. it just shows device type = GoPro Hero 4 (I have 4 Sliver) and IP-Address or hostname = 10.5.5.9. I did follow the steps to use browser to verify connectivity with camera and it worked per your instructions. So I have no idea how to get the password to show. Please help, will be at the track tomorrow. Thanks!
  • edited October 2015
    Oh, right, I hadn't updated the tutorial. Now it should be up-to-date. It's enough when you enter the GoPro4 password when connecting to it's WiFi network for the first time. RaceChrono does not need the password for GoPro4.