Gopro 4 session

Anyone used the gopro 4 session with racechrono? What was your experience?

The size makes the camera appealing

Comments

• I haven't tried if it works, but one thing to consider is that GoPro 4 Session does not have changeable battery. This is absolute deal breaker for me.
  • Yes the battery is a concern. Hoping to use external usb battery to charge between sessions. The phones that don't have changeable batteries seem to be a bigger issue these days.

For me it would be an upgrade from an old GoPro without wifi. I would like to sync with racechrono automatically. Hence I am hoping someone can report on whether they used it successfully.
  • Thanks for the update aol

I had a chance to test all three go pros 4 in person. They seemed to behave similarly with racechrono. Although that was mostly a start stop test in default mode. Session wins in size. Black has the best quality, but silver is pretty close. Silver has a touch screen. Both black and sliver allow extra batteries. Eventually I went with the silver for my setup. I have not taken it to the track yet.

A quick note, if I copy the GoPro videos to the phone via wifi they seem to have some numbers in the file name. So a rename is needed for linking. It would be nice if we could do a copy via racechrono with a single button process from the link icon while reviewing a session.