Feature request: horizontal flip for PIP video

Hey,

I have tried using RaceChrono overlays for my GoPro 4 Session videos, and they work and look great. Pretty happy with them!

That said, I end up combining the front and read cameras in Premiere Pro now instead of RaceChrono as I want to do a horizontal flip for the rear video. For a motorcycle it looks weird when the front and rear lean to different directions at the same time, and it also makes more sense (to me) when a bike is about to pass you (or vice versa), and you see them appear on the same side on both front and rear views.

Probably not at the top of your feature request list, but if ffmpeg supports this already would be nice to have a flag for it in the PIP setup.

Cheers,

Jaakko

Comments

• Yeah, it was a bit distracting in car use too. Good idea, easily doable, added to TO-DO!

The FFmpeg transcoder that I have made doesn't support PiP at all, and as the software encoding is merely a fallback for much much faster and better hardware encoding, I will not add it.

PS. GoPro 4 Session working OK with RaceChrono's remote control features?
  • Cool!

I didn't test the remote control extensively but it did work for starting / stopping recording without any glitches.