GoPro split files

GoPro splits the files once too large. For 1080 60fps this happens after 11 minutes. For a 20 minute session I end up with 2 files. I copy both files on my phone in the racechrono directory. Racechrono only recognizes the first file and shows only half my laps. How can I make it see the 2nd file that GoPro automatically creates? And 3rd when the session is half hour?

Comments

• What are the two filenames? RaceChrono should detect the "chapter file" automatically, once you have copied both of the files to phone. But the file names need to be GOPROxxxx.MP4, GP00xxxx.MP4, GP01xxxx.MP4 etc, and you cannot leave "gaps". You can manually sync the chapter file if you want to omit lets say GP00xxxx.MP4 from the middle.
  • I believe my Hero3 silver makes GOPROxxxx.MP4 and then GP01xxxx.M (without GP00xxxx.MP4)
  • Ah right, my mistake. I think all GoPros start from 01
  • standard gopro names gopr0020.mp4 gp010020.mp4 gp020020.mp4

I just copied them via USB to the racechrono folder.
  • I think I found the culprit. I had copied the contents of the entire folder. that included the lrv and trm files. They seemed to confuse the app. I just removed from the phone using total commander and now racechrono sees the videos fine.

thanks for all the responses
  • edited November 2015
    I think I found the culprit. I had copied the contents of the entire folder, that included the lrv and trm files. They seemed to confuse the app. I just removed them from the phone using total commander and now racechrono sees the videos fine.

thanks for all the responses
  • Ok, I'll test, probably a bug.
  • edited January 2016
    Well, i have no luck with my Gopro3 Silver and the Split Files. Mine look: GP030028.MP4, GP030029.MP4, GP030030.MP4. I can only load one File and RaceChrono finds only the selected. I can't select multiple...

Should i rename my Split Files? And to which counting?

Thanks for every help
  • The split files are named GOPR0028.MP4, GP010028.MP4, GP020028.MP4 etc... The files you mention are all 4th file of sequences 28, 29 and 30.
  • Yup, that dit it! :-) Thanks