Any plan on making Stop button?

It's been brought up before. We are using RaceChrono on boat races/practices. We don't use any track but open space on the water. Each of the race session last 2-3 mins. With the delay pressing the Arrow, confirm "Yes" to stop the recording, we lost 3-4 seconds especially with small screen and little buttons, we miss pressed many time in the past. We understand we are one of the few that uses RC for purposes other than car races. Yet we hope you consider the possibility on adding a Stop button, or perhaps a hidden combination key like double-tap/triple tap :) Thank you!

"aol June 2015: From time to time I get this request, but not too often. Problem is there's not too much room for extra buttons. Currently there is two ways to stop recording: press the top left corner of the app (with arrow left), or the back button. Both methods will present a confirm dialog."

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Sorry to question your motives a bit, but what is the problem with a tap more? Those extra 3-4 seconds recording doesn't affect the lap timing at all if it's done like it's intended. Just adds few kilobytes to file size. Or am I missing something.

On car races, I can record extra two hours before start because I do not want to disturb the rest of the team... And on big races the car goes to park ferme so it records couple of hours after the race too :)
  • Thx for responding! On our boat race, we try to track the exact timing traveling 250 meters or 500 meters distance. Most cases our speed difference is within 1-2 sec between other boat. We are trying to get at better measurement than the GPS watch. And be able to see the actual speed result and announce it to the paddlers without do calculation like how early we start, delay after finish etc.

The other problem we have on tracking our race is that we try not to have a person on the boat adding extra weight just to hit starts and end on the app. Therefore the person does the tracking will also have to paddle. He would starts paddling after 2-3 strokes and dropouts early at the end of the race just to hit the stop button. The worst thing is sometime we paddle in wavy condition, the boat is rocking badly, the arrow and "OK" button is SO TINY on the screen and we ended up missing it.

I hope this explain our motives. Thank you.