Garmin Glo, RaceDac and which phone?

Hi everyone, I am new here and just wanted to get some advice from those with more experience. I have recently decided to get into racing and am looking to get some data logging together for race analysis to help me improve my driving on the track, seeing where I lost time or made it, etc. This being the case I want to use a RaceDac unit so I can have inputs for braking, RPM, TPS, Temp, etc and have been told by Mr RaceDac that when their device is connected via Bluetooth to a phone using the RaceChrono app that the app can log all the data along with GPS information as well, so it basically ticks all the boxes of what I want to do which is great! The bad news is I am currently using an iPhone which RaceChrono isn't available for so I will need to buy a cheapish used Android phone to use the app with. I also want to add an external GPS receiver for better accuracy and have been looking at the Garmin Glo units which look to be a good piece of gear for the money. So basically I need an Android phone, a RaceDac unit, a Garmin Glo and the RaceChrono app to all work together. My question is, what phone / platform do they work best with, particularly the Garmin Glo unit as I have read they can having trouble sending high data outputs to some phones?

Comments