exporting video with gopro3

Hi everyone, having a bit of dramas trying to export a mates video for him and I have tried to follow the instructions but I am unsure where I am going wrong. I recorded the sessions with my Samsung tablet 10.1 with my gopro 3+ and seemed to work all fine and racechrono controlled the gopro fine..

So I have tried to export the session, I have copied the video for the session to the dcim/racechrono folder on the tablet, when I try export the session I either get just failed or failed: no data to export, messages.

Now I tried it with the video saved as the gopro name, but in the instructions it says to rename the video to the same as the session... so does this mean I change it to "session_wakefield_park_20160126_1324.mp4"??? as that didn't seem to work either. Sorry to be a pain but if anyone could point me in the right direction in what I am doing wrong that would be fantastic, as I would love to know how to do it for when I get my car back out for a track day haha

Comments

• edited February 2016
    No, the video file name should be as it appears in the video list. If you click the round "Videos" button, you probably have video files named "GOPR...MP4" in there. Just have the video files named like that. The list will have your videos as "missing" if there's problem with the file naming, or if you haven't copied over the correct files.

Once you can see your GoPro videos in the video list, so that thumbnail and metadata loads, it will also show the lap numbers that the videos cover. So if the video shows "Laps 1-3", you can export those laps. If you try to export lap that does not have video, it will give the "No data to export" message.

Not sure which Samsung Tablet 10.1 version you have, but most likely it can handle only up-to 720P video using the hardware codec. If that is the problem, you should receive "Error audio/video codec" error. Uncheck the "Export session > Show more > Hardware acceleration", and it will use software codec for exporting.