revisiting RC, mac/pc, obdlink mx

http://i.imgur.com/goT3Xxe.jpg

I used Traqmate for a while then AIM Solo DL but I recently wanted to see where my old favorite was at and began some tests just driving around my neighborhood in my camaro to get some test files. BTW...is it me but I can't find ANY test files with linked video online. There should be some links on the main rc site.

I spent a lot of time getting rc running on my macbook pro in osx and win10 using various emulators. I tried almost all free versions and Andy worked pretty well but would not play the videos from my gen3 moto-g. I went to bluestacks on win10 and it now played the video but a bit choppy. What I found difficult is figuring out where to put video and data files and have them linked automatically. It would be nice to be able to use a larger display surface of a laptop and maybe an export feature could put both files in one folder. After much time with this I came to the amazing conclusion that rc is so well designed that I should just move along and get used to the phone.

A little secret I learned from the aim folks is that aim is way behind on video within analysis. If rc could show 2 video screens or even superimpose 2 in 1 to compare corner entry etc that would be a big jump...I would certainly pay for that as an add-on.

In a few days I will have a new obdlink MX $80 which apparently is the best sub-$2000 reader for gm. I am hoping to get steering angle back (had it in aim) and I also had gear, brake flag on/off and I will flip out if brake pressure appears...I know it's in the ecu.

feature request:
2 window video compare (or option in export to get the video in to the vbo for circuit tools)
gear calc
simplified export to move sessions between devices, bundlefiles
way to have graphs stack (like aim does) and I scroll down and you can reorder them in stack...really important

I love rc. THANK YOU

Comments

• It's amazing that you got it working on a desktop, with video and all. Not really supposed to meant to do that :)

About your requests:

- 2x video screens and graph stack: haven't had these due to small screen size and performance, but might be already feasible as devices have got better.

- Gear calc, on my TO-DO for long time, but haven't had time to visit it yet

-The 'Share' button is supposed be a simplified export just for that purpose. Anything simpler would be already full file synchronisation, which would be very handy indeed.

• an initial workaround for 2 video compare might be getting the .vbo export to carry the video in to circuit tools. As we both know, It's been done but karter's way seemed way to complex for me. Thanks