All data lost from yesterday's track day

Can anyone help ? I was at a track day yesterday and Racechrono was working fine. I was using it ever session, coming in an checking the data all was good. Gone to look at it again this morning, and I have zero sessions in the sessions tab.

I did only download the app the night before as I have a new phone. But I was logged in to my race chrono account.

Anyone got any idea to why the data has gone, and if I can retrieve it ? Not going to be happy if it's gone.

Comments

• I've also just noticed that the track I was at is now missing from the "my tracks". It's like all the data has been wiped from the phone.

This is also the "pro" version of the app.
  • edited April 2016
    Oh no, that does not sound good, unfortunately :(

This spring I've got few similar reports, about this happening. Basically what happens is that some 3rd party app deletes the /RaceChrono folder that is used for saving the sessions. Unfortunately if that happens the sessions and tracks are gone for good.

I've got plans to move the sessions to the app protected storage, but it requires some additional work, because that area is deleted when the app is uninstalled. It's not going to help you now, but it will fix the issue when done. I plan to do this for next release.

Few questions to make sure it is the same issue few others have encountered:

- Do you use any 3rd party cleanup app?
    - Which phone do you have?
    - Which Android OS version does it have?

Recently there's been couple of reports related to Samsung devices without any 3rd party software, but instead Samsung's Smart Manager app deleting the folder.
  • I have a S6 Edge (brand new as old one broke), got standard software on it no rooting or anything, 6.0.1. I don't use any 3rd party clean up apps, but I think I did do a "close all" apps and a "clean all" on the RAM smart manager last night, which might be the kiddy. When do you think this fix is going to be sorted? I'm back out on track is 2 weekends time.

Cheers.
  • edited April 2016
    Just avoid using the "clean all" and it should be OK for now. I've dropped all my other tasks and I'm working on a solution right now to fix this for good. After the fix is done, the "clean all" feature doesn't have write access to the session folder.
  • Brilliant, i'll look out for the update. Good work by the way, best app out there, free or paid. All the iphone people at the trackdays are jealous :D
  • Me and my other buddies also experienced this problem even if we don't have those Cleanup app. In androids, there is default app "SMART MANAGER" that doing it I think.. Can't remove this app in Galaxy S5..
  • edited May 2016
    jakeeu, it should have been fixed since v4.5.0, as RaceChrono moves it's sessions to dedicated app folder. It was the Samsung's SMART MANAGER no doubt!