problem with linking video files more than 1gb

config:

htc one m9 (stock, no root or others hack android 6.0)

if mp4 video files (only created by gopro 3, if files created by phone all is ok) for session have size more than 1 gb, racechrono pro don't link this files to session. if files not linked to session, impossible export session for viewing with overlay OBD (GPS) telemetry.

if files less than 1gb, all is ok...

How to solve a problem?

Comments

• Are you manually linking the files, or does the automatic linking fail when you use GoPro3 remote controlled by RaceChrono? Also if manually linking the files fail, can you describe step by step what happens?
  • No matter which mode is used, the result is the same.
    After copying files from GoPro on a smartphone, you can not append and view videos.
    The file may have been damaged as a result of copying.
    I will try to reproduce the problem and write the details a little later.
  • edited May 2016
    Hard to say what's wrong before I get more details. I can make some guesses though:
    - Make sure you copy over MP4 files (from camera), NOT the WMV files from GoPro studio
    - Make sure you record GoPro video only up-to resolution supported by your phone. When phone camera can do only 720p, then high probability is that it will not play back, or at least will not export 1080p video
    - Try playback on the phone video player first, to make sure the video works and can be played back with the device
  • edited May 2016
    - Make sure you copy over MP4 files (from camera), NOT the WMV files from GoPro studio

Yep, i copy only MP4 files.

- Make sure you record GoPro video only up-to resolution supported by your phone. When phone camera can do only 720p, then high probability is that it will not play back, or at least will not export 1080p video

primary cam: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps
    secondary cam: 1080p@30fps

gopro recoded video in1080p

- Try playback on the phone video player first, to make sure the video works and can be played back with the device

After copy files to the phone, i tryed playback. Video not played.
  • edited May 2016
    Ok, so either your phone does not support the GoPro files, or copying has corrupted them. What are the settings on your GoPro? Resolution and FPS? Maybe too high resolution/fps?