Lost data in file....can it be retrieved?

Just upgraded to RC Pro. Liking it. Went testing today. Got some video to link nicely with the first session.

When I stopped the recording of the second session I must have done something wrong. Maybe pressed "back" on my phone before stopping the gopro. Not entirely sure. Anyway the upshot is that in the RC sessions screen I says I have 2.4GB of data in a run but no time and no distance. This compares nicely with the 2.5GB I have from the first session of about the same length. Both sessions have been allocated to the correct track.

Anyone able to guide me to how I met salvage the data. An MSc student needs the data for their dissertation, so it is mildly important

Thanks

GWO

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Did you also record video with internal camera? That 2.4 GB might be video files, as it's really unusual to get that much only with data. Most usual way to get 0 time/distance data, is to forget to turn on GPS, or not having satellite lock for entire session.

There's so many possible variables that I cannot really imagine the scenario... but you can check if there is data by going to the session folder at:

/Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/sessions/session_(date)_(time)/

There you have files named "channel_*". Each file grows 4-8 bytes on each update. So if you have one hour of data, with 10 Hz update rate, you should have between 4*10*3600 - 8*10*3600 bytes on each of the file. If these files are 0 bytes in length or very small, then it has failed to record for some reason.

• Thanks, you are right, it is the video file. Good knows what happened to the data.

thanks for the quick response