Where are my old sessions? (after updating from v4.3.9 to v4.5.x)

This discussion was created from comments split from: All data lost from yesterday's track day.

Comments

• Hi guys!

Looks like something similar happened to me too...

A few days ago I was on a raceday.
    I ran the RaceChrono as usually I do and somehow it asked me something about "if I want to archive my sessions?".
    I've chosen "NO", as I regularly making comparisons, and wanted all sessions to be available.
    After the race I've stopped recording, and app showed me an empty list with only 1 last session....
    Every other data for 2+ years was gone...
    I've checked the folders android/data/com.racechrono.app/files and there is only that one folder....

By the interface it looks like the RaceChrono app updated itself (I have autoupdate option on) to latest 4.5.2 version (previously I had an older version).

Is there anything that could be done?

I've had so much different tracks and data collected, but somehow never backed it up....
  • edited May 2016
    It asked you to move your sessions and tracks because the content folder used by RaceChrono has changed in v4.5.1. You cannot use your old sessions unless you move them. Tap the "folder" icon at top of the main screen to get the "Manage content" screen again.

Which language do you use on your phone? It should have explicitly said it's moving your folders to new location, rather than archiving them...

After that make a backup of your data. You might lose your phone or it might break. Two years worth of data is probably important to you.
  • aol:
    Thanks a lot!

Just after I've posted my question, I started to look closer on the other data I've had on the phone.
    It really is as you wrote.
    I've found the RaceChrono folder in the root of the phone's storage, and there were all older sessions.
    I moved them to /android/data/racechrono.app/files/sessions/ and track_storage.json file to json folder.
    After that process everything was on it's place - stored tracks and recorded sessions.
    As also... after all the panic was gone I could see the folder icon you mentioned:) Which, I guess, does all the same just in one easy tap..

So I hope maybe my post will be useful for someone else.

P.S. Don't be lazy, backup your data!
  • Good thing that you got it sorted, even if not the easy way! This change was done due to some other apps 'cleaning up' the storage, and as they did not recognise any of the RaceChrono files, they just deleted them. Now that they are located in the app folder, everyone knows to which app the files belong to.