What to expect with internal Sensors

Just loaded pro for Android. Using only internal Sensors. When watching video play back should MPH & GFORCE gauges be working? How can I get comprehensive instructions for this app?

Comments

• Yes the gauges should be working. When you record the session make sure your phone (or GPS when using external receiver) has clear view to sky, so satellites can be locked all time. The G-force is calculated from the GPS data, so you need to be outside moving at speed for that to show sensible data. The manual is hopelessly outdated so for now just get familiar with the app and ask here if you have questions. Will create quick guide & FAQ soon as part of another project, but unfortunately that will be too late for you I guess.
  • Thanks for prompt reply. Unit is attached to windscreen and is showing live data. It's just not showing up in replay video. Maybe I don't have some parameter set right. Will continue to work on it.
  • Are you watching the video directly with system video player? There is no overlay in the raw video recorded by RaceChrono. You can see the overlay when you play back the video in analysis screen. If you want the overlay "burned" in the video for YouTube etc, you need to export "Overlaid video". You can choose range of laps for the export so you can cut out the extra.
  • Am watching analysis screen(the one with 3 screens). The gauges are there, just no data in them.
  • edited May 2016
    The gauges should have data immediately when you move the graph. There will be example video session in upcoming v4.6.3, so it will give you some idea what to expect. You can also share me the session for inspection tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • Sent session to - tracks@racechrono.com. Is this correct?
  • edited May 2016
    Rvance, thank you. I'll investigate and will let you know if it's a bug or something else wrong.
  • edited May 2016
    Looks like a bug; it doesn't draw any gauges unless there is track defined for the session. If I add a start line to the session, so a lap starts, you get the data to your gauges. This is a bug and I will fix ASAP, it should draw gauges even if no track defined.
  • Thanks