Sending someone an RCZ file that they can load with free RaceChrono

I have a friend (shock, I know) and I sent him my first data from RaceChrono and he tried to open it using the free version of RaceChrono so that he could play with it. IT did not recognize the file format. Any reasons?

I just changed over from TrackMaster and while I love the smooth action of RaceChrono I do miss some of the export features that TrackMaster has. I would love to snapshot a course map for instance. Any ideas how I can get my data on a bigger screen too? My eyes go south after starring at the smartphone screen for 5 minutes.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Share it through DropBox or Google Drive and it should open just by clicking at the file. Also through Gmail it should open. I know there's some issues when opening from web browser, I will address that on future releases. There's no file format difference between RaceChrono and RaceChrono Pro.

For bigger screen, you can export to .VBO and open in RaceLogic Circuit Tools (Windows application), or upload to www.serious-racing.com . Opening in a tablet will also help.
  • What we found is that if RaceChrono is already open it won't open the file, and comes up suggesting that we are out of storage space. If the RaceChrono app is closed when we click on the file it opens fine. Hope this helps.
  • edited May 2016
    Did this happen to multiple sessions or did you try only this one? Can you share that session to tracks(at)racechrono.com ? I'd like to take a look at it.