Cannot export video clips

I cannot export videoclips from my Samsung Galaxy S2 (I´ve got the RC pro version). I have just made some short videos (about 5MB in low quality setting). I add the file to the export que and start the conversion. It reads "working" but when reaching about 20% it just goes back to 0%, still saying "working" but nothing happens-stays at 0%. I have searched the forum but could not find any threads that explained the basics of video export for dummies like me...

Comments

• Does it go to 0% or 0 kB? Important question, as the Android system deletes the cache file if system runs out of storage space, and the output file size can go to 0 kB due to that. If it really goes to 0% then it's a bug, and I'd need the session and raw files for investigation.
  • actually both (0 kb AND 0%)
  • edited June 2016
    If you have multiple video files in your session, using software codec (only option on S2 I guess) will cause the output video to be split to part1...partN. Same will happen when using hardware codec if the output file exceeds 4 GB.

Do you see the part files created, they should appear at end of the list? If it jumps from 20% to 0%, it might be it created *_part1.mp4 and started again creating next part. The % should start growing again if you wait. I see how it might be confusing...
  • edited June 2016
    I dont understand, are you recommending me to somehow split the clips? Not familiar with the expression "codec".
    What "list" are you referring to?
    There are two clips in the session, one 4 MB and another one about 36MB. I select one to be exported, when reaching 20% it goes back to 0 and stops-it does not restart.
  • edited June 2016
    No. The export will split the output file to several files according to the input. I'm referring the list as the export queue list. Does other items appear, with file names *_part1.mp4 etc. filenames? I'm guessing it first exports the 4 MB file, and then the 36 MB one... How long did you wait at the 0% ?
  • edited June 2016
    just realized there are a large number of files , look like several hundreds and each is 79kB. They all seems to contain the first two seconds of the video. As you describe, they are named ...._part(number).mp4
  • edited June 2016
    Huh, weird. Can you do another test session, just to check if it happens for every session? I'll do some testing tomorrow to see if I can reproduce it.

If possible can you share the session and the raw video files to me. The files are as listed in the RaceChrono > Sessions > your session > Videos. Use file sharing services such as DropBox or Google Drive.
  • First time user of an Androidphone so please be patient ... I cannot find any "Racechrono" folder on the SD card in the phone
  • "RaceChrono > Sessions > your session > Videos" refers to the navigation in the RaceChrono app itself :) It lists the files that are linked to the sessions. The physical files can be found from /DCIM/RaceChrono/ on phone internal storage (or /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/Movies/RaceChrono in the memory card if you recorded them in external storage).
  • edited June 2016
    Eeh, steep learning curve for me ...:-) I have sent you an invite to Google drive to (email removed) where I put the video in question and the session file.
  • edited June 2016
    I got the invite thanks! One question, wasn't there two clips in the session? 4 MB and 36 MB, can I get both please?
  • I have made some more sessions and it looks like everything is working now. Strange but nevermind, now I can export the videos and thats the important thing.
  • I'll test the sample files anyway. Maybe some bug. Haven't had the time yet, weekend commitments.