Distorted audio when exporting using hardware acceleration (Moto X Style)

Hello friends.
days ago I did a track session .
when I tried to export the video with the speedometer and the time the video was with the distorted sound .
not using hardware acceleration feels good , why?
another problem I found is that the video is not fluid ( also lowering the recording quality )

Race Chrono Pro 4.6.6
Moto X Style ( Pure ) Android 6.0 MM

Thanks
Antonio from italy

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Hi Antonio, probably a bug in my code or phone firmware. I will investigate. Did you use internal camera to record the video?
  • edited June 2016
    Cannot find the Moto X Pure for sale in Europe. Is this normal Style with Pure firmware?

Before I make the purchase, can you share me first of the raw videos for the session you have troubles to export? Put it to DropBox, Google Drive or similar and share the link to me at tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • I have normal Moto X style with stock MM firmware.
    I record video with race chrono pro camera App.
  • edited June 2016
    Can you share a sample raw video file please? Raw video file is the one recorded during the session (not the exported one). Put it to DropBox, Google Drive or similar and share the link to me at tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • I send it
  • edited June 2016
    Thank you for the sample. A Nexus 5 is able to export that video just fine, so I need to order the device. Looks like it will take a week or so.

You also say; "Another problem I found is that the video is not fluid". This is probably visible also in the raw video. The camera is shaking quite a lot, and the "fluidness" of the motion is affected by that.
  • The device I ordered is still on backorder, but should be getting it next week.
  • this is the difference of an old version of race chrono(i don't remember the versione) on video fluidity
    old version

more fluid
    new beta versione

no fluid

same smartphone,same firmware
  • edited July 2016
    There's no difference in video export code on new v4.6.7 beta vs. v4.6.6. There must be something different between the raw videos. Maybe using different settings on the camera? If you export the same lap it should look similar. Now you have two different laps exported, and I'm sure the raw videos look different too.
  • edited July 2016
    Just got a Moto X Style, updated to latest Android 6.0 firmware and did some testing. I cannot reproduce the distorted sound problem. Is the distorted sound only on a particular lap or session, or does it happen every time you export using the HW acceleration? I'll continue with testing the device, and will update if I find anything new.