OBD2 connection not working

Hi there, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (many times over), but I bought RaceChrono Pro from the Play Store for my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone (android), and can't get it to sync with my OBD2 sensor. Here is the link to the sensor I have: http://www.stahlcar.nz/diagnostic-tools/obd2-tools/obd2-phone/elm327-bluetoothswitch
The sensor works fine with other applications, I just cant get it to work with RaceChrono. My phone picks up the satellites not a problem when RaceChrono is running, but just says "connecting" and can't connect to the OBD2 sensor. Any suggestions? Under settings I have tried device #1 as the internal GPS receiver and Device #2 as the OBD2 reader, and vice versa. No difference. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Make sure there's no other apps running and connected to the OBD-II device at the same time.

There is only one setting in RaceChrono that will affect how the Bluetooth connection is made. You could try enable "RaceChrono > Settings > Expert settings > Bluetooth fix". It will try to connect with secure socket instead of insecure socket. Might make the difference.
  • Brilliant, that's got it working now. Will go for a test drive and see how it all works. Thanks heaps :)