Video hardware acceleration problem and data sync problem

This discussion was created from comments split from: External video for Circuit Tools VBO files.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, sikrip. I'm glad the document is still helping people and it's past time for me to update it. Your Java tool sounds interesting, I'll take a look.

Antti, the upcoming changes sound good. I look forward to checking them out. I did just try to sync up video from a recent track day and had trouble staying in sync. It's drifting out of timing almost like different frame rates between video and data. Debugging is complicated by the main run having a terrible GPS track. Is there a way to see whether I lost connection to the Garmin GLO? And is it worth my looking at the session data to smooth out the bad GPS trace?

Back on topic of external video, I still can't use hardware acceleration. My videos are from GoPro 2 and 3, sometimes edited in Kdenlive and rendered as MP4/h.264/AAC. The videos play on my device (Samsung Galaxy S4) but exporting a video overlay immediately fails in RC. Should I enable debug logging? Are there h.264 encoding settings we should be verifying?
  • Karter88, out-of-sync problem: Cannot say what's wrong with that description. My advice is to fix the GPS issue first; make sure it's enabled from settings, installed in good location and the hardware is not faulty.

I've been testing the exporting a lot with Samsung S4 and raw videos from GoPro 2 and 3, and never had issues with the codec. I suspect problem is only with the files generated by your video editor you're using. Phone hardware are really picky about the encoding, so it's not really surprise they don't work. Trying to make the encoding work is trial and error, although usually waste of effort...

The video export log files are always written at /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro(or .app)/files/logs/video_export_log.txt.