cant share tracks with friends

edited November 2016 in RaceChrono for Android
Hey all,

First up love RaceChrono, its an awesome time keeper so far :) kudos. i have spread the word among my motorsports friends and we have all picked it up, lol. however, i have tried to share my track set ups with additional traps etc. so the whole crew is running the same "track splits" for good comparisons but it cant be seen by the person it is sent to. We have tried dumping the sent file into all the folders within the RaceChrono folder and it will not appear in app anywhere.

Am i not seeing how we can do this or is it not possible? if not, then whats the point of being able to "share your track" via email and Bluetooth if the person receiving it cant see it or add the file to their tracks list? is there plans to have this rectified so that we can share tracks via this method ? or do i have to manually input the traps into each handset and hope they are close enough to the same position to get the kinds of comparisons we want?

Thanks for your time
Dave

Comments

• edited November 2016
    @mfxae86 Hi, you need to click the .RCZ open (in downloads, dropbox or email app), and it should open it with RaceChrono. You can also "submit" it to track library, so it will appear soon in the "Pending" section of the library.
  • hi aol,

@aol I have tried this method, when i click on the .rcz file it states i dont have an application which can read/open this file, when i force it, it uses a text program called "editor" and its all glyphs. i know i can submit but here is my dilemma, my mates dont want their private moto x circuits on their properties posted to the world wide web, already have enough dramas with stooges busting fences and locks to get in for a ride as it is, lol. is there something else i can try?
  • @mfxae86 If you put it to Google Drive or Dropbox it _should_ open from there, even if you're having trouble opening it after transferring it with Bluetooth.
  • @aol i had a bit of a muck around with it and finally got it to work via dropbox, thanks heaps for your help with that, now we can all be on the same page (or track) when we race and time trial :)

Thanks again
    Dave