Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

turn off laps for sprints that use circuits like the 1.75 lap Great western sprint

As part of my season I do sprints at Llandow an Castle Combe. Two of these sprints are 1.75 laps. I need it to be measured as one continuos segment not 1 and 0.75 laps. I can do this with Track Addict and Trackmaster but not racechrono. I have a racedac which I know integrates with Racechrono hence the need for segmetns that ignore the start finish on existing circuits.

Comments

• aolaol
    edited March 29
    How do you configure such track in other apps? If there's a nice way to do it, I'd like to copy it. Also do you have a session for such sprint already recorded with RaceChrono? If you do please share it to tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here! Few apps support this, but most that do specify a start location (the best use acceleration to define a start rather than GPS position, which doesn't work from a standing start) and the finish line is defined by a distance from the start. An alternative could be to use a GPS position for the finish line and a certain number of times passing it with previous passes being split times.

Being able to do this and compare two runs with timeslip is a game changer in sprinting. I've only used one logger that has software that supports it.
  • I have sent a RCZ file from one run of the GWS. Look at track addict as it has a segment setting. Andy's alternate solution is good.
  • OK, thanks, I'll take a look.