Was at track for 3 days last weekend and thought the times in RaceChrono were slow compared to what I usually did. It worked flawlessly in the past but this year I have changed pretty well everything about the configuration. I have a buddy who runs Race Chrono on his bike but also brought his old IR based timer and we compared the 2 (he uses BT-Q818XT sensor to phone) and they were within .23 second of each other.
When I added the IR sensor to my motorcycle (I didn't write down the IR times to more decimals so just comparing to the second)
Session IR sensor best lap time of 2:54. Looking in Race Chrono I see best lap of 3:16
Next session IR sensor best time 2:44. Race Chrono best lap 3:03
Last session of day IR 2:45. Race Chrono 3:04.
Interestingly the delta between the times seem to be relatively consistent. When I went 1s slower by IR I was also 1s slower by RC.
The first session above I also have video for. 2nd full lap was my fastest IR and RC. In my video pausing at start/finish I start the lap 14:14:13 local time and I finish it 14:17:08 which is pretty close to 2:54 of the IR timer (within what I can time in video). But is quite a bit from 3:16.06 RC is showing as my fast lap@aol
Looking for thoughts on what might cause this? Or at least what to try to pinpoint things.
Configuration for RC:
- NavSpark GPS sensor (http://navspark.mybigcommerce.com/navspark-mini-6pcs-pack/
- NMEA GPS brought into a Teensy 3.6
- add RC3 lines to output (have not moved to binary yet as have not debugged code yet and track season started)
- BT out to RC on Android phone
- Race Chrono 6.0.10
- Android 9 on a BlackView 5500Pro rugged phone from Aliexpress
In my 'drive around the block' testing it worked fine for location but I never tried to time it. But even when I look at the GPS data in RC it shows me going around the laps and the speeds etc look right (what I would expect in the different areas) just the times seem to be 20s +/- off