Question about timer while driving

I'm doing a HPDE this weekend and my club has strict rules about not being able to see a timer during driving. I haven't purchased/used this app yet, but was wondering if there's a way to hide the timer while driving? Or possibly just lock the screen? I've got an iPhone X running iOS 13.1.

Comments

• edited September 2019
    You could switch the screen off or switch the app to background, but then it's not able to record video. It would still record lap times, as long as you allow it to access location with "Allow always".

If you want to record video using the phone's built-in camera, you could just switch the Live recording screen of the app to "Gauges" page, which will show user selectable gauges, like speed.
  • Ok, I'd be getting video from a gopro, so it it sounds like switching the screen off will work great, as long as I change permissions to always allow GPS.

Thanks!
  • Just remember to have the phone in a holder so it has clear view to sky. Or alternatively one of the external Bluetooth GPS from our recommended list (in FAQ).
  • Yup, I've got a mount that has the phone pretty far up and secure. Hopefully it has a good enough signal in that spot or else I'll have to find another mounting solution and/or get an external GPS. I appreciate your quick responses. I just bought the app and am excited to try it out! Bought the OBDLink MX+ that you recommended for iOS, so I should be set.