RaceChrono version 1.40 beta known issues

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I'm using a Dell axim x30 with a external gps device, but when I configure it to use bluetooth it can't find any bt devices. after a while I get a question from racechrono to enable bluetooth, but it is already enabled. as a workaround I configured it to use a serial port to access my bt device. Is there a way to get it working with bluetooth?

Because last week I tried it and on a racetrack and it had a fix to 9 satelites, but after the sessions there were no laps noted. Using version 1.4
  • edited May 2010
    yrreb: Which version of Windows Mobile? If WM 5 or 6, you could try the 'WIDCOMM' version (available from the download page, small link).
  • It is windows mobile 2003 (is there a widcomm version available?)
  • Ah WM 2003. No Widcomm version available as I did not get it to work properly. It is possible to connect the device to the Bluetooth receiver, so that it appears as COM port to the applications. Then just use that COM port from RaceChrono.
  • Ah what a pity, I tried to use a serial port, but it doesn't work all the time. it says it has a fix to 9 satelites, but it isn't recording any data... I think I have to look for a newer pda...
    thanks for your help
  • \Hi guys ive recently upgraded my phone to the sony ericcson satio i can download Race chrono fine and it appears on my phone the only problem is it keeps defaulting to the phone memory even when i select memory card So when i start a session it warns me of low memory on the phone memory yet i have over 7 gb of free space on mem card Another thing is i download the tracks yet they appear on my phone as a bin file and i cant get them on race chrono any help appreciated Cheers guys for an awsome free software keep up the good work Nigel
  • Update ive tried uninstalling from my phone to start again and when i think ive uninstalled it ,,, Its still there ???? Help got a track day coming up
    Thanks in advance
  • edited May 2010
    I don't know about the uninstall problem (probably need to format the phone if uninstall start failing?!). If RaceChrono really complains about memory (not storage) you need to shut down some other programs. If it's about storage, select the bigger storage from RaceChrono settings (your C drive might be getting full).
  • Hi thanks for your reply race chrono now installed tho it only has 33mb of memory would this be enough and how long would it last ? The other thing i cant manage is too download tracks to my racechrono ive tried the track index on the app itself but so far have no tracks Thanks again for all your help Nigel
  • Nigel, if the download fails, you can download them manually from http://www.racechrono.com/tracks/
  • thanks ive been doing that but they wont go onto the software on my phone
  • All working fine had to do a hard reset on phone Last time i use sony ericcson for update downloads to my phone
  • ola!

i'm trying to run racechrono on my GPS. it is cheap 5" china PDA+GPS with touchscreen symbiosis on Win CE 5.0 build 1400, all in one device. but garmin XT and IGO works fine on it.

well, anyway. when i try to run ~500Kb .cab files (RaceChrono_v1400_WM_Pro.cab, RaceChrono_v1400_WM_Pro_WIDCOMM.cab or RaceChrono_v1400_WM_Std.cab) system says something like "it's not a proper Win CE installation file"

when i go with ~1Mb .cab file (RaceChrono_v1400_PPC2003.cab) installation goes pretty well, but after launching racechrono.exe appears "cannot find RaceChrono (or one of its components).make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

is it possible to help me in any way?

thx
  • 2 aol

sry, mate, i just discovered that Win CE and Win Mobile are completely different OS's. ha-ha, shame on me

well, is it possible to include my retarded OS to list of supported systems? i'll be very happy!

thanks once again
  • As I am new here I would like to thank aol for this great software. Unfortunately I am using Samsung i8910 like user Daknbleka and I am having the same issues. Is there any fix or is installing previous version the only solution?
  • edited July 2010
    @AE: Fix is to use external Bluetooth receiver, not the internal GPS on the device. Unfortunately no other fix exists currently.
  • Hi Aol,

First I have to say that I'm a big fan of RaceCrhono.

Well, I am trying to use the RaceChrono and, at the same time, record a video from my samsung B7320 smart phone (the OS is Windows Mobile). I built a onboard support for the phone and the ideia is to take the video from the cell camera, the data from RaceChrono and make the full video with racechrono2avi.

The problem is: When I turn on the camera, the racechrono stops to work, It loses the connection with the GPS sattelites and do not capture the data.

Do you know if it's possible to run racechrono and the camera at same time?

Thanks
  • edited August 2010
    Glevy: Maybe on some phones it would work, but it's never been the intention. I seen couple of times people taking video on a Symbian phone while recording with RaceChrono. I'd personally rather buy GoPro HD camera. It's cheap, small and excellent video quality.
  • Yep, I'd buy a GoPro every time. I've got a GoPro HD, which I bought from this guy. He's cheaper than others and the quality is outstanding. The 1080p video really is superb and the same cameras are often used by TV broadcasters, having been used on Top Gear and The Gadget Show.
  • Tested in RC 1.4 on WM5 and on Nokia phone

This may already been postponed, but I actually share:

After loading a "Previous session", by "Properties" we can write notes of sessions, it works ok, the "Sessions notes" are saved.

But there are another way for make same things and they don't work:

Load a "Previous session" / "Lap times" / "Display mode" on "Information" / "Open details" and ... try to edit "Session notes". Your changes will be lost if you exit this session !
  • edited August 2010
    Seems like a bug to me. Not fixing it though, as there will be a full user-interface re-write for the next version :)
  • Hi Aol,

I have installed RC 1.40 and can get up to 10 fixed satellites, when I switch to live timer in “Performance test”, it never logs any runs. If I toggle to the data screen, all the data appears there, speed, altitude, gps time, coordinate precision. BUT with the BLUE Waiting sign at the top of the screen. is there a solution to this problem like getting an external bluetooth gps reciever? awesome program by the way.

i have a samsung I900

cheers
  • edited August 2010
    I think it's the same problem as with the Samsung Symbian phones, RC has a bug that Samsung internal GPS cannot be used for standing starts. Fix I recommend is to get external GPS as the internal GPS doesn't do standing starts very well anyways. This bug is related to how Samsung internal GPS's report velocity when standing still.
  • edited September 2010
    Hopefully this is the right thread to post this in:

I've been attempting to use the new functionality in 1.4 to load in .RUN files from my Race Technology DL-1. Unfortunately it seems somewhat corrupted. There are no error messages as the file loads in, but when I go to "Traveled Route" to view the map, it is immediately apparent things have gone wrong. In some runs the map just seems skewed, in other its a jumbled mess. However, even in the ones where some form of the track is recognizable, there are lines shooting off into space and the car will follow these during the route. When I export to a CSV file, the timing and position seem way off.

I've tried various different runs at a few different tracks and no luck with any of them. It says "Import successful", but clearly it wasn't. Has anyone gotten the program to work with DL-1 run files? Am I doing something wrong?
  • edited May 2011
    Yuri wrote:
    "...Hm, how frustrating. I updated racechrono from 1.1 to 1.4 and now it is not working properly anymore. We went to the track of Zolder (Belgium) yesterday and all measurements are faulty. Yesterday there were only 4 or 5 laptimes each session (in stead of the usual 10) and all laptimes were faulty 2:30, 5:59 (normally one lap around the track was about 1:55) I really don't know what the problem is with version 1.4. I use the same phone (E51=S60) and external GPS as last year. Any suggestions? I really like the software and I already used it a lot! Is it possible to downgrade again to 1.1? ..."
    I have the same problem with the same phone.
    Last year (2010) version 1.4 work very good but yesterday and last week all measurements are faulty.
    Gps battery was full and satellite signal was very good.
    I have updated successfully the phone software two months ago (version 300.34.56).

Can you help me?
    I don't want buy a professional chrono!
    Thanks!
  • edited May 2011
    Nico76:

To be sure it's a phone problem (or RC version) :
    Put your GPS in log mode, then import the session to RaceChrono by the nmea file. Upload to your phone and then to your PC. Compare the results beetwen this two systems.

This will free you of possible Bluetooth errors transmission.
  • edited May 2011
    Hi hugos,
    i have installed version 1.43.
    today i tried to make a test session in log mode; data is good and also lap timing mode is good.
    But i done this with car, i hope that the next session in circuit with my bike will be good.
    Here a screenshot of the problem in last circuit session.
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/1306089870-27219-79.1.243.237.html
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/1306090110-27491-79.1.243.237.html

Now I think the problem is the gps recevier, not the phone.