Cannot connect to OBD-II reader (with Android 4.2.2 and 4.3)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Tested OBD-II readers with Android version.

Comments

• I bought a "china blue" OBD last week, my phone and tablet see it, but RaceChrono cannot connect. Torque does see it and connects to it, and the refresh rate is fairly quick. I'm wondering if this is just an Android 4.3 problem? I have a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7, both running 4.3. I can try on my old phone, which runs 2.2, and my old tablet, which runs 3.2.
  • edited August 2013
    Sean, I can confirm the problem, just tested it with using Nexus 7 (Android 4.3) and "china blue". Torque works but not RaceChrono. I will investigate and fix.
  • Having similar issues with my Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.2.2) and two different OBD2 readers (BAFX PIC18F2480 BT ODB2, Mini ELM327 v1.5 BT OBD2). RaceChrono/Settings/Devices says devices are "Found/Paired/Selected" but won't connect to either. Tried switching on the bluetooth fix, no help. Both devices work with Torque Pro.
  • Fixed in v2.34. Just released it to Play Store.
  • Got the update when I got in to work this morning, wish I would have checked my phone sooner so I could have tested it on my commute. Oh well, I can wait 7 more hours. Thanks!