Ducati OBD Data Logging Supported?

edited February 2014 in RaceChrono for Android
I've confirmed that my OBDLink MX is set up properly by checking with another android app. RaceChrono is connected according to the LEDs but does not display or log ECU data. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• I can't tell by a quick search of the Forums, but has anyone else tested this with a Magneti Marelli ECU?
  • edited February 2014
    Hi JoeC, Turn on the "RaceChrono > Settings > Expert settings > Save device output" setting, create new session with OBD connected, and send me the "/RaceChrono/session_xx_yy/device_output_x.obd" file to tracks(at)racechrono.com . It's possible that I could see what's wrong from the log. It could be the device doesn't auto-detect the protocol used by Ducati correctly, and it would need manual protocol selection.
  • Thanks aol. I looked through the saved data at the time and saw only GPS related data. When the session is started the status bar shows that it is scrolling through different protocols and eventually settles on some type of "automatic" setting. Ill send you one of the sessions I have saved.
  • Hi JoeC,

Not sure, but Ducati don't have OBD, it seems to be a proprietary protocol.
    On motorcycle, I know only Triumph, KTM and Aprilia using ECU compatible with OBDII protocol.
    But maybe I'm wrong.