Wanted: Test data for new feature development

edited October 2021 in General
Hello everybody! We're currently developing a feature that uses and refines the IMU sensor data that is saved when the "Internal sensors" is enabled in the RaceChrono settings. What we need now is more session data to test with.

Requirements for the suitable sessions are:
1) The "Internal sensors" was enabled in RaceChrono settings, when the session was recorded
2) The phone was securely mounted to the vehicle
3) The data was collected on a race track or a rally special stage
4) There is a video for the session

What does NOT matter:
- Your choice vehicle
- How fast or good you are

If you have a suitable session that you can share, and want to help us in improving the app, please email the session file (as .rcz file), as well as the raw video files linked to the session, to tracks(at)racechrono.com . Please make sure to upload the files to a cloud service (such as Google Drive and Apple iCloud) and share only the links to the files in the email. Please make sure to share links that anyone can access (with the link), so they can be downloaded without any trouble.

PS. Your data will be used only in R&D and will not be published or passed forwards!

PPS. Please mention your phone brand and model

Comments

• Hi,
    I think I have a few such sessions, older ones with with my old phone which was mounter on my bike and more recent ones with my new phone which was in my vest pocket.

Does it need a recent version of racechrono and is there a way to check on old session if the internal sensors was enabled ?
  • edited October 2021
    @Quentin old sessions recorded with old RaceChrono are just as good, as long as the criteria above is met! You'll see the accelerometer and gyroscope channels in the analysis screen's channel selection if the internal sensors were enabled for that session.
  • compiling a session, and will send it over. It's about half an hour, with 4K video, so prepare to download a lot of data :smiley:
  • @mart_nl Thank you very much! I don't mind the large size, I have a fast Internet :wink:
  • I'd love to contribute! Is there any requirement for the orientation of the phone? Does it need to be mounted perfectly level/orthogonal with the car?
    I mount my phone on the passenger side windshield and turned slightly to face the driver side, so the sensor's axis are not aligned with the driving directions.
  • @zixuw no orientation requirement, but the phone needs to remain fixed in same orientation during the recording.
  • @aol nice! Just finished 3 sessions at Laguna Seca, getting session files and videos off to my computer right now. GoPro videos are split, do you prefer merged videos or the absolutely raw split ones?
  • Took me a while to upload everything (43GB for 3 sessions :smile:), and just sent the email out! Let me know if you need anything else for this.
  • @zixuw thank you very much!
  • During the weekend I will send you some sessions from last year which meet the criteria specified. It is both time attack driving and drifting. Can I use Wetransfer?
  • @pzvan Sure, whatever works!
  • I re-checked the old sessions. I didnt have internal sensors enabeled.
    What I do have is data from the videos above, but those were Go-pro imported sessions as didnt have a created track for it and decided to do it with imports later. Internal sensors were on so I can see the chanels and they do seem plausible. I can send those.
  • If you still need data I have a few videos and session files. I just checked and the "Internal sensors" is enabled in the RaceChrono settings.
  • Is there still a need for data?
  • @ckleanth @DavidHF yes please! You can find the instructions how to send them over in the original post.
  • @aol_of_RaceChrono can you check your email and let me know when you copied the files? if you need more data please email me back. thanks
  • Still need data? I have some exactly as you describe with the phone hard mounted to the top of the triple tree, with the internal sensors with a galaxy s5, and RaceDAC data, with all sensors you can ask for. I have at least 4 sessions from last Monday with video.
  • @TAD158 Sure, please send it over, see instructions from the original post