Session dates wrong

Today my external GPS stopped working so I switched over to internal GPS.

For the sessions that used internal GPS, the dates were recorded as 26/10/42.

The correct date is 12/3/23.

First, how can I change the session date? If not through the app user interface, how about modifying directly? Or exportingto a file, modifying and then importing back into the app?

Second, how to get RaceChrono to record the correct date?

Comments

• edited March 2023
    Please reset the following expert setting and it should work:

"RaceChrono > Settings > Expert settings > GPS week rollover compensation"

You've probably touched this setting to work-around the WNRO issue on your external GPS.

You cannot easily edit the dates afterwards.
  • edited March 2023

OK, I understand how to reset GPS week rollover compensation.

I really want to be able to fix the incorrect sessions. There's just 3 of them, so could I export them as .rcz and send them to you to modify so that I can import them?

• If you edit the .json, RaceChrono will just reload the date from the binary session data ...
  • edited March 2023

Yeah, the .rcz files are just .zip files and the contents can be easily unzipped to edit the .json files before zipping it up again. I already tried changing the .json files and it doesn't change the dates on import because RaceChrono will just reload from the binary data as you have described.

I was hoping you would be able to change the binary data for me, or at least give some clues on the structure so I can change it myself.

Source code would be great, or even just describe in words how to get to each if the fields containing timestamp. E.g. delimiters? Fixed length per time block? Length of block in a header field?

I'm running v7.6.5 if that helps.

Thanks!

• edited March 2023
    @toyoda86 If you want and have skills to, then you CAN change the binary data. The files ending in "_1_1" are the timestamp files, and the timestamps are "java timestamps" which is basically an 64-bit UNIX timestamp with milliseconds. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

General notice: This .rcz format is not something that should be used for interoperability with 3rd party devices or software, as there's a lot of legacy complications, and the format will dramatically change in the future. VBO and .CSV formats should be used for that.