Setting traps and segments for straight tracks (routes)

Hi. I haven't yet bought the RaceChrono Pro, but have (quickly) read the docs..and the app looks almost perfect.

I am heading to Tail of the Dragon in TN shortly. Its 318 curves in 11 miles along the edge of Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
http://tailofthedragonmaps.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/RideMePoster_2015.pdf

I imagine the best way to do this is drive the 11 mile road. Pull over and edit my traps.

Question 1) Will the app know to start whether I am driving N to S; or S to N along a route? This isn't a closed loop circuit.

Question 2) Can I break down the route into sectors more than once? For example - a) I'd want to break down into mile markers; and b) I'd like to end sectors at specific spots (0.2 mi = crud corner; 0.5 mi = Cooper Radar Straight; 1.4 mi = The Wall....etc..). I'd love each run to be able to use either of the sector sets.

Or would I need to make separate tracks? TOTD Mile Markers, and TOTD Corners?

Thanks.

Dave

Comments

• edited August 2016
    1) You will need to start the app just as always, by pressing the START button. Nothing else is required at that point. Track can be configured later. If you need a live running timer, then you'll need to configure the track too at that point. As it's not a circuit, you want to create a track with separate Start and Finish traps. I recommend you create a separate track for both directions.

2) Yes, you need to create separate tracks with different split markers.