turn off laps for sprints that use circuits like the 1.75 lap Great western sprint

As part of my season I do sprints at Llandow an Castle Combe. Two of these sprints are 1.75 laps. I need it to be measured as one continuos segment not 1 and 0.75 laps. I can do this with Track Addict and Trackmaster but not racechrono. I have a racedac which I know integrates with Racechrono hence the need for segmetns that ignore the start finish on existing circuits.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    How do you configure such track in other apps? If there's a nice way to do it, I'd like to copy it. Also do you have a session for such sprint already recorded with RaceChrono? If you do please share it to tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here! Few apps support this, but most that do specify a start location (the best use acceleration to define a start rather than GPS position, which doesn't work from a standing start) and the finish line is defined by a distance from the start. An alternative could be to use a GPS position for the finish line and a certain number of times passing it with previous passes being split times.

Being able to do this and compare two runs with timeslip is a game changer in sprinting. I've only used one logger that has software that supports it.
  • I have sent a RCZ file from one run of the GWS. Look at track addict as it has a segment setting. Andy's alternate solution is good.
  • OK, thanks, I'll take a look.
  • Did this go anywhere? I've switched cars and I'm back to something roadgoing, so considering a swap back to RaceChrono after years with hardwired systems (RacePak, RaceCapture/Pro, Xoombox and Life). It's a killer feature for the events we do, but no analysis software seems to support it other than Xoomcentre.
  • Unfortunately nothing has came from this yet, but still on my TO-DO list. If you have sessions on tracks like this, I'd be happy to receive them.