Adding a new layout to a track that is already the track library

Hi All,
I want to create a new shorter track layout that is part of an longer track that is already in the track library.
In my case Morgan Park Raceway in Australia. The raceway has a number of circuit options.
I want to use the same time split trap positions on the new shorter track so I can compare split times between the longer circuit and the new track. The two existing trap positions suit both track layouts. Is there a way to accurately set the traps on the new track in exactly the same position.
Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Yes, download the other layout from the track library, and use the track editor option "Copy" to it. It creates an editable copy of your track, after which you can add/remove/edit traps. Once you're happy with the new layout, named it correctly, and tested it works, please submit it so I can put it to the library.
  • Hi All,
    I have copied the track, renamed it and have kept the same trap positions as they suit both layouts. Do I now have to drive the car around the new track layout to establish the new layout? IE how does Racechrono get to know the new short track layout?
    The track is 150km away so I am trying to get this sorted before the next meeting.
    Thanks
  • edited January 2018
    Hi, not sure what you mean by establishing... The new layout will just work if you have proper start and finish traps in correct locations and pointing the correct way. If the tracks have same start points, then you need to manually select the track when starting new session, as RaceChrono does not know which one to pick.
  • Got it, thanks