XGPS150A frequency trouble

Hello

I'm using a XGPS150A with racechrono for motorbike trackdays.
The problem is my curves are very smooth compared to my friend's curves.
I feel like this GPS module is interpoling (?) from 1Hz to 5Hz and creating this smoothing (I do not get the right top speeds, and i feel like the speed in curves is not right too. The speed should go down instantly when I cut the gas and grab the brakes but it just shows this smooth edge with wrong max speed.

To picture this, look at this comparison, the guy in blue is going 2 seconds SLOWER than me, but it feels like he's faster than me (red) everywhere
http://reho.st/view/self/04bdfeabbf7befe26aba9390342688c2ee2876fb.png

Top top this up, i cannot seem to do the firmware upgrade (the software freezess when updating) which should get me a 5Hz output (Racechrono says its 5Hz already, so is it firmware updated already ? I have no way to verify :@ )

Anyone having the same issues ?

Thanks
~PressurE

Comments

• Can you share me the session? Press share button and e-mail the .rcz file to tracks(at)racechrono.com.
  • Shared, thanks :)
  • edited August 2016
    Yes, it is as you say, all data is 5 Hz, but everything looks overly smoothed. Looks like the speed and bearing data is also delayed many seconds, most probably as a result of the smoothing... The speed difference compared to your friend is probably because of this too. No idea why your unit does this, the outputted data is not really usable in racing.

If you had the GPS installed correctly on your bike's tail section, and not inside your suit for example, I'm not sure what else you could do than contact the manufacturer about the issue. Let's hope it's an settings or firmware issue.
  • Hello

Thanks for the analysis.
    The unit is on my upper triple tree.
    I can't seem to do the firmware upgrade but I will try again on another computer.

Thanks a lot !
  • Tail section is better than upper triangle. That said, your issue seems like a firnware issue, not signal issue.
  • Finally updated firmware successfully from another computer.
    Will try tomorrow on trackday if the smoothing is fixed, mailed Axxera about the smoothing issue, they responded to evey question but this one x)

Thanks
  • Hi...as per my observation the speed and bearing data is also delayed many seconds, most probably as a result of the smoothing.The speed difference compared to your friend is probably because of this too.