Translators wanted!

Do you read English fluently, but would still like to see RaceChrono for Android translated to your language? If so, and if you don't mind doing a bit of work to support RaceChrono, please contact me through tracks(at)racechrono.com

Is there any reward? In addition to having RaceChrono translated to your language, main contributors of each language will get their names to the translated version of the app. You will naturally also get a free license for RaceChrono Pro.

Edit 17th May 2019: Now looking for translators for Spanish, Chinese (traditional) and Japanese. Looks like our current translators for these languages have become inactive.

Comments

• If you need Korean translator, please let me know.

• Hi ! Children have long been used RC but many who want to see this program in Russian in Russia . You transfer involved ? Thank you.
  • Hi, if you still need a translator for Korean, I can help you. :smiley:
  • The words that are not yet common are used in Japanese translation.
    Can I help you?
  • @zeropy do you mean there is a quality issue with the Japanese translation? Or just missing translations, meaning some strings in English?
  • Is Japanese translation still a to-do?
    If so, I'll ask my wife if she would be willing to contribute.
  • edited July 2018
    Japanese is a "bought" translation, so most of the strings are there and they are done by professionals. The quality also should be OK, as it has been double checked with different professionals. Just a few strings missing, as I do not want to spend money on every update. If there are Japanese speaking users, that have been using the app in Japanese, and would be willing to translate the missing strings, I would be glad to add him/her to the translation project. It's important that he/she has been using the app in Japanese as it gives much better "context" or understanding for the strings. Right now there's about 30-40 untranslated strings (191 words in total) in Japanese.
  • For example, "Coolant temperature" is not called "冷却剤 (reikyakuzai)".
    We call it "水温(suion)".

It's not wrong. but we Japanese does not generally use "冷却剤(reikyakuzai)".
  • I offer myself to translate to Catalan.
  • Looks like our translators for Spanish, Chinese (traditional) and Japanese are no longer active. Let me know if you're willing to help!
  • Hi, aol.
    I feel that users of RaceChrono increase in Japan. I'm not professional translator. but I'm willing to help.
    My English is not good. lol
  • edited August 2019

If you still need translator for spanish ( or in the future you need it) , I think I can help.

Just let me know. :)

• Hello,
    we have extended RC in the Czech Republic and I am interested in creating a Czech translation.
  • Hi, I'd be happy to translate into Russian
  • Hi guys! I'm brazilian, may I help you translate to portuguese? PT-BR and maybe PT-PT.

• edited February 2020
    Hi @blackz33,

Actually there's mistake in that message. No plans translating to traditional Chinese at the moment. I should have been talking about simplified Chinese!

I could add another translator for simplified Chinese. We have only one active translator for each of Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and Japanese, so another pair of eyes would be great for these languages too!

@Fellipe I'll send you invite
  • Hi Aol,

Thank you for the clarification.

I can do both simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese if you like.

Cheers

• Invite links to RaceChrono's translation system sent via email!
  • Can translate to Portuguese. let me know if interested.
  • edited August 2020
    @ffastlane Great, we have only one translator for Portuguese at the moment, and second one probably doesn't hurt. An invite sent!
  • Hello dear developer!!! If necessary, I am ready to help with the translation into Ukrainian.
  • I can do Polish translation if you want to.
  • let me know if you still need help for spanish, I can help
  • I can help with Spanish if needed!
  • If you are still looking for translators for Japanese, I can help.
  • Another volunteer for Korean here :)

• edited August 2021
    @aol
    If you guys still need/want German, let me know.
  • @aol still need Spanish translator ?