OBD2 USB

Looks like this has been asked time and time again but all I am finding is conflicting information.

I have tried numerous different bluetooth and wifi OBD2 readers and none of them appear to work, my current wifi adaptor refused to even connect. Not a RaceChrono issue of course but infuriating at the track when nothing works, I do have a radio with bluetooth in the car so wonder if that conflicts with the reader.

So my question is, are there any compatible USB readers about? A hard wired connection is always going to be better than wireless and I don't want to keep wasting money on bluetooth and wifi adapters that never work.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Have you tried the recommended one, that is OBDLink MX Bluetooth? (for Android)

Also have you tried to set the OBD-II protocol manually from expert settings? Many times the cheap Chinese readers fail to autodetect the protocol, so this is needed for them.

Currently USB readers are not supported. It could be done, but problem with wired USB is that Android supports only two UART models, which usually are different than the UART chips on the readers. So you'd have to buy many just to test if they work, and may end up with none that works...