Exporting GIG/PNG images for overlay in video editor?

Hi All,

As a very infrequent track day driver, I have used aLapRecorderHD in the past to time my laps and collect GPS data.
Since development for the app stopped in 2011, I'm looking for a new laptimer app.

aLapRecorder had a feature I found very usefull, and haven't since found in other apps. It allowed export of the GPS data and laptimes as PNG graphic files (dails, track map, laptime counter).
These series of PNG's could then be easily overlayed to video of choice by importing them into a general video editor (Sony Vegas Movie Studio in my case), without the need for an additional RaceRender type video editor.

Is a simular feature available in Racechrono?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    RaceChrono Pro doesn't currently exporting the overlay separately, without video. Exporting PNG is one idea how to do it. It has benefit of being lossless, but not sure how handy it is to have 25-60 files per second though. The feature itself is nice idea, and it has been requested before, so it might be something that I'd consider.
  • 25-60fps is not needed for the overlays. I choose 15fps in aLapRecorder, which looked absolutely smooth on 50fps footage.
  • This one is either 10 or 15fps, can't remember;