Previous sessions data disappearing

edited August 2014 in RaceChrono for Android
Hi,
I've been using racechrono for many many years and recommended it to many freinds.
Since I recently updated to the newest version I can't go back into my previous sessions.
On the front page where it has all of my previous sessions it shows travelled route distance, best lap time, file size etc etc but when I click into it the data disappears and shows 0 laps.
When I come back out of that particular sessions it now says no laps done and the file size is 0kb?
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ben.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Ok it might be a few things actually,

a) When opening a session from the list, RaceChrono will show 0 laps at first, before the lap list has been calculated. Once the laps have been calculated, that number will change to the actual number of laps. If you go back to the list before the laps have been calculated, it will remove the lap count from the list too (this is a bug).

b) If you have deleted the track in question, or changed it so that the start/finish line is no longer hit by these sessions, RaceChrono will recalculate the laps when you open the session, and only then update the metadata to the list of sessions. This is probably the reason why you see the metadata being cleared after visiting the list.

c) You might have installed 3rd party cleanup app like "Clean Master", that deletes files in your /RaceChrono folder.

So what you can do, to check what's going on:

1) Visit the 'traveled route' analysis for one of the sessions. What do you see? Does it seem all of the data is there? If not you've probably lost the files somehow (maybe option "c")

2) So when you open the session, please check if the track is selected. If it's selected, open the track and check if the start/finish line is hit in the correct direction. If there's no track selected then just pick suitable one from track library, or create a new one.

You can also share one of the sessions to me for analysis: Press the share button, and share it via email/gmail to tracks(at)racechrono.com
  • Thanks for your reply.
    I've just shared one of the sessions that has disappeared.
    I defo have an up to date track selected.
    The travelled route data also disappears and I don't have any 3rd party clean up apps.
    I've just copied and pasted sessions from an old memory card that was used in a symbian phone and they are displaying fine.
    Thanks, Ben.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi,

Unfortunately it looks like the channel_* files might have been destroyed for some unknown reason. Which means there's only metadata left. Which is of course no use without the actual data.

If you go and take a look at the contents of /RaceChrono/session_(date)_(time) folders, what do you see? There should be two *.json files and bunch of channel_* files with non-zero length.

-Antti
  • Hi Antti,
    Your absolutely right. The files don't have any channel data and only metadata left.
    Atleast I can delete them and move on rather than trying to salvage the data.
    Thanks for your help, Ben.
  • edited August 2014
    Few questions:

1) How many of your sessions were affected? Of total amount?
    2) Were some or all of the affected sessions imported earlier from Symbian phone?
    3) Also which device and OS version are we talking about?