No internet = No OBD ?

Hi,

First of all, I LOVE this app !!
I've been using it at the beginning of the year as a live-timing and data logger with the OBD preview, and it worked really well.
So, I bought the OBD expansion pack on my Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi), and I wanted to try it this morning in my car and the app said that I've got only a 5min preview for the OBD data !
I opened the "Upgrade RaceChrono" windows and it said "Network error" and got the "Buy" button under "Device pack", so I understood that the application must check with the server to be sure that the OBD pack has been purchased
I am a software developer so I understand that it's a solution to avoid pirated software, but that's unusable with a WiFi only tablet and that's really sad !
It should check only once with the server, so I don't know if it's a bug or a bad conception.
I live in Switzerland, so in my country I can do a WiFi hot-spot with my smartphone to share my data connection, but there are no race track in my country... and in France, Germany or Italy, the data roaming is crazy expensive (like 5$ for 3MB).

I hope that you will find a better solution, because I really like this app and would like to be able to use it as I did back in june !

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hi Sylvain44,

Similar issue was fixed in RaceChrono v3.16 ("Fixed: Purchased items not available if no network connection"). Can you check which version of RaceChrono are you running? So if I need to re-open the issue or not.

-Antti
  • edited August 2014
    v3.20
    I have connected my tablet to the internet again yesterday, and the button turned from "Buy" to "Bought", and I tried again this morning without internet in my car and this time it works with the OBD...
    I hope it's just a glitch ;-) let me know if I can provide you more information, but now that it works, I might not be able to help you to reproduce the bug.