G-Star IV GPS-receiver

This discussion was created from comments split from: Which phone / GPS receiver should I buy? Report your experiences here.

Comments

• Hello, could you help me? I have an external 10Hz G-Star IV (bu-353s4) GPS reciever, and RaceHrono free on my android device. Also i have software namde UsbGps which helps me to replace an internal gps reciver with my external one, but racehrono it like 1Hz reciever. How can I set 10Hz frequency in RaceHrono? or should maybe should i use Racehrono Pro, or it can work only with bluetooth 10hz recievers? Thanks in advance
  • edited September 2014
    Did you try to use the receiver directly through RaceChrono Bluetooth connection? I haven't tried the receiver myself, but if it's a Bluetooth receiver with standard NMEA 0183 output, it should work just like that. The Pro and the Free versions have same Bluetooth GPS support, so buying Pro does not fix the update rate.

Generally the 3rd party applications to connect GPS's are not recommended with RaceChrono as they always cause side effects. It is possibly now causing the 1 Hz update rate.
  • thanks for answer. No, G-Star is an USB external reciever. Is there any .cfg file in Racehrono? How RaceHrono detects that my internal GPS module is 1Hz? maybe i can somehow force to use 10hz?
  • Ah ok. The update rate is detected from the time stamps of the incoming location updates.
  • Seefo, hmmm.. strange. there is our local Russian page of globalsat, where BU-353S4 have 10Hz frequency. Ok, thanks, i'll try to figure it out from manufacturer.