External SD Card not visible with Sony Xperia

edited October 2014 in RaceChrono for Android
Hi,
I used RC Pro to record several videos in a track day. The video and the session data was linked by RC Pro correctly. However, due to phone's internal memory limitation, I have to move the recorded video to external SD card (Somehow my RC Pro could not record video to SD card, not sure why).

After I moved the video files from "/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/RaceChrono" to my SD card, open RC Pro and go to the session's video screen, I could only see "Linked Videos" and "Internal Storage" category. There is no category such as "External Storage" to let me select my videos in SD card, hence I cannot link any video from SD card :(

Is this a known issue? Any solutions?
Thank you.

Phone: Sony Xperia E C1505
RC Pro version: 3.21
Android: 4.1.1 build 11.3.A.2.33
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Unfortunately Android 4.1.1 doesn't have build-in support for external storage. The implementation is manufacturer specific, and while I've tried to implement it so that it would work on most devices, unfortunately it seems it doesn't on the Experia E.

I do not have the exact device to test, but I do have some other Sony model which I can try to reproduce (and fix) the problem on. I'll let you know if it's possible to fix.

The external storage support should work much better on Android 4.4 devices, where the support is build-in.
  • Just tested on my own Sony device and it had the same problem. I've made a fix, and it will be available in the next beta version. Please join the beta group of you want this fix early.
  • Thanks for the quick fix! Will join the beta group to test it out :)
  • I've released it for beta group, should be available soon.
  • edited October 2014
    I have updated my RC to the newly released beta, after copying my videos the below path:
    /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/Movies/RaceChrono/
    I can see them in my Race Chrono. The issue on Xperia E has been resolved. Thanks!