Read sessions from SD card

This discussion was created from comments split from: External SD Card not visible with Sony Xperia.

Comments

• This looks to be a new thread so I'll tack on here. I am actually using a BLU Dash Music 4.0 that i picked up new on amazon for $78. There is no internal GPS but QSTARZ connects to the bluetooth and everything seems to be okay.

So the problem with the phone is that there isn't a lot of internal memory. I was previously running a rooted SAMSUNG SCH-I405 Stratosphere. If i recall, it was rooted to run racechrono from the the SD card - which I had no issue with. (I've tried AppMgr III to move racechrono to the SD card, but with no joy.)

The SD card is in tact but the stratosphere is currently a brick. I've reloaded racechrono to the BLU but can't access the old files, or write to the external SD. I'm hoping a patch like the one mentioned in this thread could allow access the SD.
  • Well, I've been thinking about this, but currently there's no way to have the /RaceChrono folder on external sdcard. You can transfer the old sessions from the card simply by copying the contents of the /RaceChrono folder to the internal sdcard. I hope this helps.
  • good suggestion, thanks. I've got a call out to BLU as well, there seem to be a number of apps confusing the internal storage and the SD card. Not sure I'll be able to upgrade to the video version on this phone, but at the least the regular file sizes are small enough to manage on the phones internal memory.

thanks for the effort.