Samsung Tab 3 vs S5 vs Bluestacks

I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 phone running RaceChrono where I collect the data from the track. It does the most fantastic job of collecting data from all my trackday experiences. However when I run RaceChrono on either my tab 3 or BlueStacks on the PC data gets lost. I have a session from Knockhill I would love to view on a larger screen but only a sub set of the data can be read despite transferring all the files. I have 4 resumed sessions with 40 laps but Tab3 corrupts the files/data such that only 2 sessions remain and a total 14 laps. It deletes sessions 2 and 3 entirely. Race Chrono appears to work on Tab3.

I have not tried collecting the data on Tab 3 yet then attempting the reverse data transfer but a 10" tablet is not very friendly to go racing with!

Comments

• Do you happen to have Clean Master app or similar cleanup tool installed? These might delete the sessions from the /RaceChrono/ folder on the root of storage.
  • If I reimport the files from Samsung phone initially is says 40 laps, as soon as I open the session it removes 26laps and assigns a different fastest lap most annoying. I spent £160 in the expectation it would solve the problem on Bluestacks but the bug appears to be Android related.
  • edited January 2015
    Well I can imagine you to be little annoyed. I think there might me one or more issues happening when you transfer the sessions. Let's concentrate on the lap count dropping from 40 to 26, and see if there's anything else after that.

For background info, here's how RaceChrono works: There is a metadata information stored on every session, like track id (but not the track itself), lap count and best lap. When you open the session, RaceChrono loads the track and re-calculates all the laps based on the track.

When the lap count and best lap changes, it's quite clear that the track definition is not the same one you used on the other device. Probably some of the trajectories are going past the Start/Finish trap, and therefore it is calculating only 26 laps. On the Samsung phone, the Start/Finish is wider and/or in different place, which makes the trajectories go through it more often, hence 40 laps.

Did you use the session sharing/importing feature or did you just copy the files under /RaceChrono/ ?