Windows Mobile Version

2»

Comments

• Hi AOL,

Great job with the WM version. I'm testing it on my Touch HD and all seems good the only issue I've found was setting up a GPS unit in the settings menu but it sees it fine if you start a session and pair the unit that way.

I donated a while back but I definitely owe you a drink with this one.

Cheers, J
  • edited March 2009
    Hi J, how did it fail in the Settings menu? You could not select the device from there? Did you have Bluetooth turned on before or not? I wonder if it fails only once after it turns on the Bluetooth. I hope one day we can have the drink that you owe me :)
  • Hi AOL, It sees the GPS device but when you click on select it doesn't do anything. I had Bluetooth switched off when I started RC do you think that was the problem. I also had Bluetooth switch off when I started a session but it allowed me to select it.

If your ever in London town let me know and I'll buy you that drink :-) Cheers J
  • edited March 2009
    That's odd. Can you try again from settings, if the problem is repeating itself (select the device again from settings)? My problem with my Touch Diamond is that there is an error with the first search, if Bluetooth was disabled. If you want to do additional testing, turn off your Bluetooth from Windows Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. I'll remember that offer! :)
  • I tried it again with BT switched on before starting RC but the same thing happens. It finds the BT device ( Qstarz 818 in my case) and you can highlight it but nothing happens when you click on "Select"

It's not a big problem as you can select it when you start a session, just a little odd.
  • Right. You are totally correct. Seems like the first item cant be selected, but second and third is OK. I'll do a quick hot fix!
  • edited March 2009
    Just fixed it for beta2, check the updated binaries from the old news item. Thanks for notifying it, got it fixed before the beta got too much blog attention :)
  • Thanks for the quick update.

One other thing I've noticed is and I'm not completely sure, I've tried it several times with older RC CSV files but exporting CSV files and using them in Trackvision 2.1 "Show Movie" really slows down and stutters. "Save Movie" in TV works fine with no video stutter.
  • edited March 2009
    I think I have a floating point rounding problem there, I get these "99" millisecond value in the timestamp. I think it might affect the video playing if it is not robust enough. Otherwise the CSV seems good. I will fix it for the next beta build.
  • Hi, Aol. Many thanks for all your efforts on the WM platform port of racechrono. I downloaded the .cab file tonight using my o2 xda orbit 2 phone. Installed no problems, and I just had to set the internal GPS using Settings, Serial port GPS and COM4.

Have just been out for a bimble around town in the car to get some data to play with. Just off to read the manual ;-)

Keep up the fantastic work.

Cheers
    Simon